sunday the fabulous ghosts, the dark abyss

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,535
edited September 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

await dawn for ride in what appears to be a deluge, some sort of hat may be in order, also cake
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning, raining and it’s rained most of the night, standing water everywhere when I walked the dog so no cycling today , except for watching the men’s race today, let’s hope it will be as good has the ladies, that was some ride yesterday she deserved the gold medal
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,147
    Morning
    The weather gods seem to have been appeased and it looks like it will be dry again today. Friday's sacrifice must have worked.
    Timing people riding up a hill for fun later this morning, followed by doing not a lot.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,863
    Going to see grandmother this morning and playing on the fun bike this afternoon
  • ciao

curled up on the couch with a pint of moka coffee and The Hound watching the rugby.

nail biting stuff!
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,481
    It was raining enough for the hounds to wait until they were desperate to take a leak/dump before venturing out into the garden this morning. Looks very soggy out there still so I'm staying out with coffee.

Enjoying a spot of peace as the dogs take a post breakfast & play fight nap. May sort some stuff out related to probate guff in the meantime.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, pleasant out if you ignore the standing water/ponds, found out Ella can swim shes just lazy so had to give her a bath, again lazy she just laid down in the shower an groaned at me when I turned the shower off.
    Meeting the bike clubbies shortly for plotting things pedal related someone decided we should be organised. Or least look like we are.

No idea whats going on later likely naff all on account of the incoming weather.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,535
    50:50 mix of downpour and dry, cap, overshoes and excellent castelli tempesta overpants were just right, kept the pace high so it was way too warm to wear the waterproof top, it stayed rolled up in a pocket

unexpected bonus, there's been so much rain that the roads are clean, no layer of cack to clean off

toast and raspberry jam at the end of ride cafe, yum
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,303
    Morning folks, traditional slow start has been enjoyed. Bits of pottering to be done, fixing the shower being the main one. Cheap bit of plastic has broken rendering the rest of it useless. Rather than replacing the whole thing a carefully placed screw should fix it.
    Off to see the old dear later.
    Probate guff is very dull, can’t believe how many forms for the old dear about inheritance tax when she doesn’t have anything to pay. Still, all this tax bollox keeps the likes of Stevo and Hoppy employed.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,147
    15 mins of rain here. Started 3 minutes before the first rider went and finished just as I got back to the car with the kit :shock:
    Luckily I had my hi vis invincibility coat on so stayed dry.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Still, all this tax bollox keeps the likes of Stevo and Hoppy employed.

:)

I did things like inheritance tax & trusts in my exams back in the distant past.

It's all about keeping the directors of the company(ies) I work for out of jail now really. Risk management, good governance etc. Paying the right amounts in the right places, making sure there's no one up to no good, whilst not over-paying anywhere. Especially working for the Japanese, they are not into tricky stuff at all.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,481
    Veronese68 wrote:
    tax bollox
    Yep, spot on V.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    tax bollox
    Yep, spot on V.
    :D