Rear brake internal cable routing - Holdsworh Mystique (Tifosi Cavazzo?)

RobinB2
RobinB2 Posts: 111
edited October 2019 in Workshop
I've spent most of the day building up a Holdsworth (Planet X) Mystique frame (suspect this is a copy of a Tifosi Cavazzo?). I followed the in-place cable guides for the rear brake cable which routed the cable through the down tube, under the bottom bracket and out along the chain stay. However, the supplied plastic cover for the bottom bracket panel will not fit with the brake cable in place. This leads me to believe that the rear brake cable should maybe be routed above the bottom bracket?

Anybody got any direct experience of cable routing on this bike or more general advice as to where rear brake cable are usually routed? A previous Cannondale Synapse I owned had the cable routed under the BB, however I don't think my Giant TCR Disc has the brake cable routed under the BB.

Any advice much appreciated

Comments

• whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    Pictures would help.
  • RobinB2
    RobinB2 Posts: 111
    Got some advice from the Planet X online chat as to where the cable runs - it goes under the bottom bracket but not in the same channel as the gear cables. Luckily there must be a built in guider in the chain stay as the cable outer seemed to push through fairly easily into the down tube where I could hook it through the top entry point