The yanks are whipping ass at this worlds

specialgueststar
specialgueststar Posts: 3,418
edited September 2019 in Pro race
Wow. I mean just wow.

Awesome

Comments

• Shortest odds for an American senior male: Craddock at 600/1.... I'm lumping on
  • ddraver
    ddraver Posts: 26,383
    The young-yanks are whipping ass at this worlds

FTFY

Guess USCycling may have finally put LA behind them and worked out how to fund da yoof.

Having such a thriving CX scene can't hurt either.
    We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
    - @ddraver
  • ddraver wrote:
    The young-yanks are whipping ass at this worlds

FTFY

Guess USCycling may have finally put LA behind them and worked out how to fund da yoof.

Having such a thriving CX scene can't hurt either.

Yes but Owen won the seniors
  • U23 they missed the main split in the peloton.
  • Haters gonna hate dude.
  • Not really hating, it's a statement of fact. They had some quality riders and missing that split was arguably worse Backstedt messing up the final corner in the ladies race.
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    Not really hating, it's a statement of fact. They had some quality riders and missing that split was arguably worse Backstedt messing up the final corner in the ladies race.
    U23 men, they are not all that. McNulty the best of an average bunch.

MJ, on the other hand, they have some real strength in depth.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet
  • DeadCalm wrote:
    Not really hating, it's a statement of fact. They had some quality riders and missing that split was arguably worse Backstedt messing up the final corner in the ladies race.
    U23 men, they are not all that.
    ' sucks teeth '
  • DeadCalm
    DeadCalm Posts: 4,099
    DeadCalm wrote:
    U23 men, they are not all that.
    ' sucks teeth '

Fair enough, maybe I'm wrong. For sure, Vermaerke is a talent but he is still 18. Who are the American 20, 21 and 22 year olds that will be making an impact at WT in the next couple of years? If there were decent Americans out there in that age range I'd expect EF Education to be snapping them up rather than the Swiss, German, Mexican and Colombian riders they have signed.
    Team My Man 2022:

Antwan Tolhoek, Sam Oomen, Tom Dumoulin, Thymen Arensman, Remco Evenepoel, Benoît Cosnefroy, Tom Pidcock, Mark Cavendish, Romain Bardet