Wahoo Elemnt Bolt sensors

secretsam
secretsam Posts: 5,099
edited September 2019 in Road buying advice
Can you use any brand of sensor with an Elemnt Bolt? I would like to use mine on multiple bikes, but the sensors are damned expensive (cheapskate, me)

It's just a hill. Get over it.

Comments

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    From what I'm aware any ANT+ enabled sensor should work. I know with mine my garmin or 4iiii HR sensor works and my garmin speed sensor works fine along with others.
  • Yep, I use a cheapo HRM and a speed/cadence sensor I got from Fleabay and all work perfect with Bolt.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    It is supports dual band ant+ and bluetooth, so is compatible with most sensors.

FWIW I love the bolt but the one area i prefer Garmin is with the sensors. The Garmin speed and cadence and hrm are just better imo.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    redvision wrote:
    It is supports dual band ant+ and bluetooth, so is compatible with most sensors.

FWIW I love the bolt but the one area i prefer Garmin is with the sensors. The Garmin speed and cadence and hrm are just better imo.

Interesting as I find the Wahoo sensors better than the Garmin ones.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Boardman Halfords cadence sensor works fine for me with Wahoo.
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    I'm running a Magene speed sensor on my spare wheel which I bought from AliExpress for the extortionate figure of £8, seems to be picked up quicker the original Garmin item but that might be cause of having a newer battery.
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065
    philthy3 wrote:
    redvision wrote:

Interesting as I find the Wahoo sensors better than the Garmin ones.

Me too. The Garmin sensor was way out for me but as soon as I got a Wahoo sensor it played much better with it.