thursday is the nature of my game

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,522
edited September 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

early sogginess again

further coffee-powered exploits in lab, followed by early bail, sort out more hols
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning, wet here again looks like it’s going to stay the same until next week, I think I had better book some holidays
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,459
    On the train. It's soggy and I forgot my umbrella. At least its Thursday which is the new Friday.

Probanly will have a few more bits n pieces to deal with on house and probate stuff as well.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Absolutely hammering down when I got up but now clear blue skies. May venture out on bicycle once water drains away.
    Umbrella Stevo? I expected Redka Man to be made of sterner stuff. I would have thought a cloth cap would be all the protection from the elements that you need. :)
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Wet but dark here, so not hopeful of getting out on the fun bike later.

Tonight is looking at bike 11.5 - wife is encouraging as it’s a tandem which will be fun with the kids
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,144
    'ning

Wet here but only on the ground, seemed to stop just before I left and now the sun's come out.
    This running stuff's hard work, I think I need one of those stand up desks today.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, raining when I got up, sunny now. bit windy mind.

quiet day hopefully shoot all sleep again for no apparent reason
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,321
    Me not sleeping well me neither.
    On the upside, I don't feel too bad until mid afternoon.

It's gopping. Must go feed the soggy feathered genus.

Will report back if I need canoe's/sandbags etc.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Wet roads. Stacks of work piling up. Ever darkening gloom. I have to go to a "neon" party at the weekend. I'm 45 for fcuk's sake. 1. Why do I still have to go to "parties"? 2. Why in the name of all that is fcuking sacred do they have to have a theme?

I'm just going to wear bibs with fluoro detailing and fluoro yellow perfetto light. Hopefully Mrs H3 will be so mortified that we will leave early.
  • Morning. Back from weeks sailing in Greece, I decided against updating you all with my every movement, coffee, meal etc and that would be boring as f*ck for me let alone you lot. Anyway, arrived home at 0600 after delayed flight and now up in time to watch Eng v USA. Kip on sofa later methinks!
  • Got up for a run this morning to pouring down rain. Went back to bed.

Loads of quotes to do today followed by packing for a few nights away near the beach. In the rain. In a caravan. In a bad mood.

Oh well, could be wor... Oh wait.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Wet roads. Stacks of work piling up. Ever darkening gloom. I have to go to a "neon" party at the weekend. I'm 45 for fcuk's sake. 1. Why do I still have to go to "parties"? 2. Why in the name of all that is fcuking sacred do they have to have a theme?

I'm just going to wear bibs with fluoro detailing and fluoro yellow perfetto light. Hopefully Mrs H3 will be so mortified that we will leave early.
    What's the saying 'You're only as old as the woman you feel'? So get yourself a younger woman and start enjoying those parties (awaits comment from Pinno :wink: )
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Ballysmate wrote:
    Absolutely hammering down when I got up but now clear blue skies. May venture out on bicycle once water drains away.
    Umbrella Stevo? I expected Redka Man to be made of sterner stuff. I would have thought a cloth cap would be all the protection from the elements that you need. :)
    I think I've been down here too long and turned into a shandy drinking softy. I don't even talk to strangers on public transport like I used to.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PT0ay9u1gg4
  • :lol: "will headbut if cornered"
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • hopkinb wrote:

POIDH.. :D

Fan-freaking-tacular day here, barely any breeze, no clouds... long walk with dog this morning, coffee, snooze in deckchair sunshine for a while, lunch... then an afternoon of DIY.

List of jobs to do is getting longer though. Hmmmmm.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Afternoon folks,
    Rather warm and moist this morning, but the traffic was awful which helped make the ride more enjoyable. Another busy day in here, still spending most of my time fixing other people's screw ups. The most popular one at the moment is idiots with XL spreadsheets that don't know what they're looking at.
    Hoping for a quiet night tonight at least.
    Spinner, you really don't want to see a picture of that. What has been seen cannot be unseen etc.
  • hopkinb wrote:

team it up with a gas mask and some 12 hole Dr Martens for the full look.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sitting in a multi storey car park. feel like i'm CID in a really shhyyt north eastern city.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    sitting in a multi storey car park. feel like i'm CID in a really shhyyt north eastern city.

Taggart! :lol:
  • Step83 wrote:
    sitting in a multi storey car park. feel like i'm CID in a really shhyyt north eastern city.

there's been a moirdur!

https://youtu.be/dynAAX0hYQo

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Step83 wrote:

Geographically speaking, Vera!
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Tandem/new pub bike bought :)
  • TLW1 wrote:
    Tandem/new pub bike bought :)

Does that mean you are a two up / two down family now.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:

team it up with a gas mask and some 12 hole Dr Martens for the full look.

The full 'Plastic Bertrand' look?

Are you going to get Carter?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,522
    hopkinb wrote:

great x-ray spex opportunity, you can be jak airport, mrs can be poly styrene, rehearse day the world turned dayglo for the karaoke, then you're bound to get an encore and can follow up with a triumphant oh bondage up yours
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

great x-ray spex opportunity, you can be jak airport, mrs can be poly styrene, rehearse day the world turned dayglo for the karaoke, then you're bound to get an encore and can follow up with a triumphant oh bondage up yours

What was the name of that bubblegum with those offers?

4c2968d18eac647ab2a985d2bf7ac0f2--gags-comics.jpg
  • Bazooka Joe.

Along with Anglo Bubbly, the supreme emperor of bubble gum.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Bazooka Joe - that's the one. The only Bubble Gum that was readily available in Kenya when I was a kid.
    Cheers for that.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Wanders off to listen to X-Ray Spex...
  • Stevo_666
    Real X-Ray specs would have been good fun but there'd probably be a law against them by now.
  • pinno
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Wanders off to listen to X-Ray Spex...

...and do some Bondage?