sungod
sungod Posts: 16,532
edited September 2019 in The bottom bracket
ning

soggy, but perhaps less soggy than yesterday

coffee, much labbing to be done to integrate new shiny
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning, soggy here as well, doctors appointment later, if it still raining this afternoon, I will watch the world championships if it’s fine I will be riding myself
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Bristol today then back home via my daughter's for a cuppa. Nice.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    In offices far away for a shouty meeting as it involves underperforming sales people

Happy thoughts from last nights fun bike ride will disappear quickly
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Yes Oxo, there is always someone out there who is better.
    On the other side of the coin, I have never come across an organisation where the workforce didn't think there were better managers out there than the incompetent incumbents.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Moist. It was moist in Wales yesterday too so not much change. Meeting prep today followed by bikes after work, I've got my lights with me today which is sad.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, someone damp again today, needs to do one as I have things to do hopefully tomorrow on the bike.

Shoot nights sleep so being grumpy today, plus my eyes sting which is never a good combo.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Scoffed a massive custard croissant (someone's b'day) and washed it down with a large espresso out of the posh Jura machine thingy, which seems to be staying. Plenty to be keeping me busy today. I have very oily fingers though, must go to Robert Dyas and get some of those blue wipe things. I look like some kind of grease monkey, which is fine, but not in meetings with VIJPs.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    Blue wipe things are mainly plastic and don't bio-degrade.
    Take a small bottle of detergent and keep it on your desk. I presume you dropped the chain or something silly?

Dull and misty here. Have dome a few things though. Might find a few more things to do. Will try and avoid the things I really need to do.

Laters (after i've done what I wasn't meant to do but it was much more fun)

[Breaks into song]

If you don't wan't to beat the rest
    and not stand up to the test
    Procrastination, that's what you need...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Physio today, meaning a bunch of needles and pokes/prods in sore places. Picked up shower screen panel kit to be installed at later date once tiling finished. Finished the faffing with router table so that's now all set up properly, lovely bit of kit too.

Spent another half hour yelling at technical support for the alleged "broadband" connection we have, which went offline again. Also spent some time arguing on Tw@tter with the customer service people for the infrastructure mob who assure me these are planned outages. Except the reseller has no notification of the plans, nor do they even know it's out till someone rings and tells them.

I pointed out their own recorded message says to "Check online at www.optus blah blah / network status" to see if there are outages in your area. Not sure how you are expected to do that if your internet connection is actually down and you don't have, say, a mobile backup, but that piece of logic flummoxed them. Then while I was on the phone, I suggested the tech guy have a look at the exact page they recommend you go to, and tell me what it said for my address.

A few seconds later, he agreed it showed "No outage", when his own system test had already confirmed there was and had been for some time already a network failure covering hundreds of customers.

I asked if he understood that it was not personally him that I was yelling at, but could he understand why "customers" might get a little upset? I also suggested that he forward the recording of the conversation we had to his management for review, if it didn't disturb their lunch.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    Pinno wrote:
    Blue wipe things are mainly plastic and don't bio-degrade.
    Take a small bottle of detergent and keep it on your desk. I presume you dropped the chain or something silly?

Bought a nail brush instead, as that was 50p...also extremely effective just with the soap in the bogs.

Cleaned and re-oiled my chain this morning - which was a right state (last performed 11th August), as was the bike after 2 wet commutes, then I always manage to get chain goo all over myself when locking the bike up.
  • much smugness.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    Eye Hospital scans and consultant visit this morning where outcome is problem right eye appears to have stabilised, no more injections planned, go for another set of scans in 6 weeks to check. Maybe, just maybe, this time... Mind you I was here 18 months ago when it all went bad again.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    orraloon wrote:
    Eye Hospital scans and consultant visit this morning where outcome is problem right eye appears to have stabilised, no more injections planned, go for another set of scans in 6 weeks to check. Maybe, just maybe, this time... Mind you I was here 18 months ago when it all went bad again.
    hope all stays ok this time!
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    much smugness.
    Why dat?
  • hopkinb wrote:
    much smugness.
    Why dat?

getting one over the most unhelpful rude smug man in the world who thought he could mug me off - petty office politics but you know it falls on your side and its your time to shine?

i also then picked him up some really minor typos in some orders he was writing so i laughed inside as i waggled my finger at them. utter pedant i hear you cry.

very very petty/schoolchild stuff i know but oh how fulfilling......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

yup - fingers crossed dude!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Busy-ish day in t'office. More idiot salesmen needing reminders of the rulez. Had one of those communal bring some food and have lunch with your colleagues where you bring stuff that reflects your origins. Couldn't find a chicken parmo shop so went to the fish n chippy instead. Popular choice :)

Cycling home soon after bailing out of a ride home in pants weather the other day.

'Rents house sale now completing on the 4th October and I won't even be there to to wave it goodbye. Hopefully the lawyers will get the bloody cheque in the post pronto.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,674
    sungod wrote:
    orraloon wrote:

yup - fingers crossed dude!
    Thanks peeps. Hoping this is start of a less stressful, in this area at least, period of life. Ditched HIIT on the turbo after it all went wrong again last year. Too much exercise will kill you or something...
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    Good luck with that 'Loon.
    My eye clinic was taken over by some eastern European. She is very good and thankfully, things are stable and it is with big thanks to her dept. .

Nice to see that Hoppy has taken on a more eco friendly approach.
    Next week: safe disposal of old underwear.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!