sungod Posts: 16,551
edited September 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

decided on wfh/cafes in view of forecast deluge, maybe stock up on tawny port
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Hybrid commute in wet shoes, need to switch the aga back on!

Later is out cycling with a fun bike group in the woods behind the house - thistle, fancy it
  • Morning, damp start here not sure if it’s going to rain all day ,I might strip one of the bikes down and give it a good clean
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,504
    Stropteen turns eighteen today, so in two years' time I'll have to start calling her Stroptwentysomething. Looks like we're going out for dinner tonight but I guess I'll be driving...

Onwards to work.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    oxoman wrote:
    Stevo, they just turn from stropteen to just stroppy. Just as moody and argumentative as before, just older and louder. Not sure which is worse the male or female version.
    I have a feeling you're right Oxo. At least next year were packing her off to Uni so we'll only get the strops for about 20 weeks a year :) On the downside I'll have to start talking to the wife :shock:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    Morning
    CBA today. It's wet and there's loads of traffic everywhere, I've got earache and a sore throat. Might go and get a bacon butty.
    TLW1 wrote:
    You need one of those electric shoe driers that someone on here convinced me to buy.
    TLW1 wrote:
    Later is out cycling with a fun bike group in the woods behind the house - thistle, fancy it
    I'll pass this time, need to do some running and also supposed to be going out after work for the first of several leaving dos (for the same person)
  • Kudos to anyone cycling out there today. It's bloody miserable.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, not sure if a car or canoe would have been better this morning absolutely thrashing it down. Declined dog walk so brought her in with me she can scoot round the office save her eating a skirting board or something.

Looks like this is set in for all week?
  • mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Working from home.
    Remote access to database gone down. Time for coffee.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Longshot wrote:
    Kudos to anyone cycling out there today. It's bloody miserable.
    :D
    At least it's quite warm.
    Lunch with wife and MiL at Coq d'argent. Dunno what that's all about.
  • hopkinb wrote:
    Longshot wrote:

is the MiL a MiLF by any chance?

As an aside, starting to celebrate the Supreme Court ruling.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    hopkinb wrote:
    Longshot wrote:
    That appears to translate as the 'Silver C0ck'. Never knew John McDonnell owned a restaurant?
  • makes a change from the blonde lying cheating eton COck who is all over the papers today.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,323
    Afternoon folks,
    Been a bit busy today, just stopped for a bite to eat and take a look at the news. Must say I was surprised, but I think it's the right decision.
    Had to drive in today as I need to collect a rather large laptop from Twickenham. Also need to fix the headlights in the Mini, turns out it has melted a fuse holder, thankfully no fire at least. Fire is bad in a car, especially if you're driving it at the time.
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    At least next year were packing her off to Uni so we'll only get the strops for about 30 weeks a year :) On the downside I'll have to start talking to the wife :shock:
    FTFY, even worse if it's Oxbridge.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,551
    hopkinb wrote:
    not been there for ages, looking forward to the review
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • thistle_
    Rang the GP, they said try the pharmacy first.
    Went to the pharmacy, they said sod off go to your GP.

The system is working today :)
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    not been there for ages, looking forward to the review
    It seems that the MiL has nothing to do, and just fancied a lunch. I thought she might have been trying to bung some money our way.. :roll:

It's a nice enough room, and the terrace is lovely (bit damp today though). Lots of suits on expenses. I had 2 courses of the set lunch. A comte, leek, apple and summer truffle tart, which . Then an amusing apple/cinnamon/gingerbread cream made to look like an apple. Wife and MiL had lamb shank, which was enormous, and they enjoyed. We all had the same pud. No wine.

Service was ok, but they clocked us as small spenders, tap water, set lunch type scum...

The attraction is the terrace, but the food is ok.
  • tlw1
    Morning
    CBA today. It's wet and there's loads of traffic everywhere, I've got earache and a sore throat. Might go and get a bacon butty.
    TLW1 wrote:
    You need one of those electric shoe driers that someone on here convinced me to buy.
    TLW1 wrote:
    I'll pass this time, need to do some running and also supposed to be going out after work for the first of several leaving dos (for the same person)
    Potential for megadegla this weekend.......
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Yay brakes have arrived, boo they didnt include the stupid C type bolts Shimano use for the rears. Need to measure as thankfully SJS carry them in stock. Oh and brake fluid I have an old bottle I don't thinks any use.
  • See. I told you it was flat.

https://uk.yahoo.com/sports/news/former ... 49239.html

#lunatic

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    TLW1 wrote:
    Might be able to fit that in, see what the weather's like.
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:
    Might be able to fit that in, see what the weather's like.
    :)