sunday let's set fire to tears

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,600
edited September 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

may need to decide if i want a long rolling drenching, or a hill repeat drenching, both with added boil in the bag effect as it's a mild out, coffee and cake either way
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• ciao

absolutely pouring down so i ain't going anywhere on a bike.

coffee then weights sesh methinks then TDV's mate arrives for a few days.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,889
    House tidy after last nights impromptu party, 3 people over ended up being 18, but was a giggle and next door has lent me some more recycling boxes :)

Friends still over but going to go for a quick run with pals before Sunday lunch at the pub, after that the days a right off
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,466
    I suspect a mere 5% of TLW's posts don't mention 'pub', 'beer' or 'last night'.
    Shouldn't you be out racing with Thistle to consolidate that higher cat status/stay in shape?

Due to the weather, I am resigned to getting wet... indoors. OH is in the shower waving her razor at herself in preparation. Of course the nearest decent swimming pool is 30 miles away :D

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,889
    Pinno wrote:
    Shouldn't you be out racing with Thistle to consolidate that higher cat status/stay in shape?
    :) it’s all about the fun bike at the moment, ready for Kilimanjaro
  • Day of dithering about. Got drill press set up and working, fiddled with other odd jobs, mainly because CBA struck.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,759
    Pinno wrote:
    Due to the weather, I am resigned to getting wet... indoors. OH is in the shower waving her razor at herself in preparation. Of course the nearest decent swimming pool is 30 miles away :D
    https://youtu.be/4Kwh3R0YjuQ :)

Last nights party thrown by the ex-neighbours who now live live 10 minute walk away was quite good, as were their Mojitos. Some very presentable Spanish MILFs in attendance as well, especially after a few Mojitos.

Done a few bits and pieces this morning and will drop round on a mate in a bit for coffee and talking bollox.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,466
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    :) it’s all about the fun bike at the moment, ready for Kilimanjaro

Please drink Tusker White cap* or Tusker Premium whilst you are there to send my share value soaring.

*Named after Kili.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Went to "farmers' market" at mini's school. There were no farmers for sale.

There was, however, posh bread and cheese, also massive cream-filled doughnuts. Rustic wine en vrac as well. Bring a container, he fills it up, or he'll give you a container. Got to drink it quick though, this won't last long.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,370
    Evening folks,
    Busy day has been had. Sorting things out first thing for a celebratory brunch before the lad left. Then cooked and ate said brunch and cake to celebrate his 21st. Then drove him and all his sh!t to Birmingham. Now home and lying on the floor as my back has had enough.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,164
    Pinno wrote:
    He's in a different league to me (in many ways), yesterday was just for fun for me but TLW could've got 2 points just for finishing :mrgreen:

This morning's soggy race wasn't that soggy in the end: had a 2 hour break in the downpours for some riding, the sun came out for a few minutes and some of the standing water even drained away. Toast, bacon butties and cake at the finish to help keep everyone in shape.
  • thistle_
    oxoman wrote:
    Duathlon was suitably dispatched this afternoon in lots of rain, it got very messy. Can't understand why I've ended up with joggers nipple after a 5k plus 2.5k run when I normally run 10k plus with no issues. Bloody sore, told OH to which she replied to much information, will remind her next time she does the same to me.
    Could have been because it was wet?
    Next time just go topless.
  • thistle_
    oxoman wrote:
    Thistle, normally run in the rain as well but no issues previously other than on first half marathon. OH is really sympathetic and taking the proverbial, I will get my own back.
    I went out this morning and I'm suffering the same now, it was a bit sweaty today.