friday making things that don't exist

sungod
sungod Posts: 17,128
edited September 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

coffee, lab, eschewing webex, early bail, enjoying the sunny weather, long may it continue
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning, sunshine yes let’s have more of it, finishing in Norfolk today it’s been nice working down here, roll on the weekend and some cycling
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Yeah Friday.

Working in offices far away which may impact my chances of getting out for a quick blast on the fun bike, nevertheless the pub will still happen
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Morning

Too nice not to potter in on my bike.

Hopefully an early-ish bail in the warm.
  • Morning, spent yesterday packing up my office. Hopefully when I get off the bus all my stuff will magically appear two floors down for me to unpack. Will probably collapse in a heap from all the dust giving mecca massive asthma attack. Still, fish and chips for lunch.
  • thistle_
    Morning, spent yesterday packing up my office. Hopefully when I get off the bus all my stuff will magically appear two floors down for me to unpack. Will probably collapse in a heap from all the dust giving mecca massive asthma attack. Still, fish and chips for lunch.
    We moved offices twice at one company I worked for. The moving of stuff from desks was one of the few things that went well. We were told our crates would be on our desks when we go in, but they turned up about 9:30 which wasn't exactly the end of the world.
  • giving mecca massive asthma attack.

so long as you have your qibla compass all will be well and you can self treat.

as an aside, currently in the gym then out for a lunch for a friend being posted away then out for dinner.

#fatbastard
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, calls to Dolan shortly find out why my brakes haven't turned up from Wednesday (cant go after a courier as theres no tracking info).

Coffee and cake after to calm. If by some miracle they appear I shall call today quits go home and fit.

Dinner later with work, I say dinner it'll be drunken mayhem as usual, should prove entertaining.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    I'm away down to Yorkshire for a wedding tomorrow, OH is a bridesmaid. I don't really know/like any of her friends aside from the groom and the husband of one of the other bridesmaids. Seeing as me and the other guy (not the groom as I think he'll be busy) are being abandoned we are treating it as a great excuse to get smashed before noon.

Until I set off down south I unfortunately have a day of drudgery ahead.
  • Rode to work, 5.14km :roll: but the ride home will be better.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • phil485
    phil485 Posts: 364
    good ride in until spoke went bang on the front wheel.

second one in a week on a wheel that's only a month old.

grumpy
  • Take the ****er back!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    Phil485 wrote:
    good ride in until spoke went bang on the front wheel.

second one in a week on a wheel that's only a month old.

grumpy

Joining grumpy, brakeset ordered on the 14th, not even dispatched yet :roll: They've said delivery is now going to be Monday, no explanation given for why they've sat on it all week.
  • thistle_
    HaydenM wrote:
    Seeing as me and the other guy (not the groom as I think he'll be busy) are being abandoned we are treating it as a great excuse to get smashed before noon.
    Go to dalby or somewhere similar and go for a bike ride, before getting smashed :D
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    Afternoon Peeps,

Taken a couple of hours break from the office routine to sort some birthday pressies for Stropteen who turns 18 next week. CBA to head back to the office do all do a bit of work at home later.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    Well, management and half the staff have swanned off to the pub to get smashed, no brakes, apparently Dolan were having a warehouse move so all orders were delayed, didn't think to warn anyone though.

May sack off early don't fancy picking up this lots left over work.
  • giving mecca massive asthma attack.

so long as you have your qibla compass all will be well and you can self treat.

as an aside, currently in the gym then out for a lunch for a friend being posted away then out for dinner.

#fatbastard
    I find it increasingly difficult to read my writing on a smartphone. I used to get the mini versions but now the biggest I can squeeze in my jersey pocket.
  • Morning, spent yesterday packing up my office. Hopefully when I get off the bus all my stuff will magically appear two floors down for me to unpack. Will probably collapse in a heap from all the dust giving mecca massive asthma attack. Still, fish and chips for lunch.
    We moved offices twice at one company I worked for. The moving of stuff from desks was one of the few things that went well. We were told our crates would be on our desks when we go in, but they turned up about 9:30 which wasn't exactly the end of the world.
    Set up my office, inboxes in time for lunch, then plugged the it stuff in. What a surprise, network socket not working. Ffs,
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    HaydenM wrote:
    Seeing as me and the other guy (not the groom as I think he'll be busy) are being abandoned we are treating it as a great excuse to get smashed before noon.
    Go to dalby or somewhere similar and go for a bike ride, before getting smashed :D

Could do, presumably the Stanton hardtail would be more suitable there than the nomad? I've never been. I need to do something tomorrow to continue with that 'Escape plan' strava thing where you have to do 5 days a week, I meant to go this morning but overslept
  • thistle_
    HaydenM wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Could do, presumably the Stanton hardtail would be more suitable there than the nomad? I've never been. I need to do something tomorrow to continue with that 'Escape plan' strava thing where you have to do 5 days a week, I meant to go this morning but overslept
    Hardtail probably ok although there were some bits that were badly cut up and eroded.
    I've only been once and didn't think much of it: first bit was good but the rest just seemed to be slog up boring down :(
    It was £7 or summat to park too.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ...Stropteen who turns 18 next week.

When I joined this forum, she was 9. :shock:
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    Kids remind me, who was after my full susser for they sprog? I need to clean it up a bit but it's now in a frame box
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Step83 wrote:
    Kids remind me, who was after my full susser for they sprog? I need to clean it up a bit but it's now in a frame box
    I asked but unfortunately too small for our lump of a son.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    ...Stropteen who turns 18 next week.

When I joined this forum, she was 9. :shock:
    How time flies when youre having fun...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]