Cleaning Matt Frame Finish

*AL*
*AL* Posts: 1,185
edited September 2019 in MTB general
I just pulled the trigger on a 2020 Whyte 905.
It has a Matt finish to the frame, this is a 1st for me, what do you guys use on Matt frames to keep the finish looking good?

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Mountain bikes look good finished in mud! :wink:

Muc-off do a matt frame polish. Look HERE.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    My Scott road bike has a matt finish. I've learned to love the greasy fingerprints; I can pretend I've just got it back from the team mechanic mid race...
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    sponge and water.....
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I've just got a nice cheap HT frame with matt black finish.

I've covered a lot of it with frame protector tape, so it's a bit shinier now.

I've also used silicone `frame` spray and that can make it look (and smell) nice.

Or cake it in mud and just enjoy it for what it is! :D
    "Ride, crash, replace"
  • I just use a bucket of water and a sponge with a small squirt of whatever cleaner I have at hand, usually a bit of fairy liquid or whatever.
    My hose pipe also has a sprinkler mode so I sometimes use that if the mud has dried.