wednesday beyond there and beyond that

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,532
edited September 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

slightly nippy out, snug in eurostar lounge for pre-zoom espresso and snacks, off for conflab with some of my chaps, then nip into fauchon to get mrs s some nibbles, cafe for tartare et biers, lounge, return, seems enough for a day
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• sungod
    mon train est en retard, bof
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Local branch = cycling to work for the first time in ages :)
  • Morning,nippy here in Swaffham of all places, last week at King’s Lynn hopefully
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, definitely nippy down to single figures here so jackets all round when I walked the dog earlier.

Should be delivery day today for most of my new gumph. So may see about bunging some of it on later.

Having some issues with the track side guys and air quality so need to work something out there. Also got a meeting with management later.

Office moron said I'll want to kill him in about ten minutes when he wanted a code, I said why wait I have a knife in my bag, oops! Not sure if it's the offer to ventilate him or the knife which is a leather an I always carry.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    TLW1 wrote:
    Local branch = cycling to work for the first time in ages :)
    Local branch too but sod this cycling rubbish.

Supposed to be out all day supervising some dodgy antics but seems to have been a cock up so it doesn't look like they will be doing anything today - which has messed up plans for the day and probably the rest of the week now :|
  • Pretty quiet here on the Northern front, may scout some extras for lunch in a bit.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Morning,nippy here in Swaffham of all places, last week at King’s Lynn hopefully

I used to drive through Swaffham twice a day when I commuted from Noomarket to East Winch. Tell the 1930s I said hello.
  • keef66
    Definitely autumnal on the dog walk this morning. Last night's ride required jacket, tights, gloves and hat, and I was borderline too cold at times :shock:
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    What to have for lunch? Probably wish it was tartare et bier in Paris like sungod. Though I'd probably prefer entrecote frites et vin rouge. Either way, something good, in the sunshine, with grumpy waiters. I expect I'll have some chinese pork and rice at my desk, doing the crossword.
  • step83
    Meeting concluded, sufficiently blagged as he has no actual reason or need to ask me for access codes he should have already.
    Question was raised as to why I have a knife, its a leatherman I have to open boxes etc so I'm allowed it turns out.
  • Good news here, MrsHD got got an email from a certain car park firm withdrawing from the court hearing which was scheduled for next week and that they now consider the matter closed.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Step83 wrote:
    Question was raised as to why I have a knife

because you never know when you will need to eat cake.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sitting on a boat eating curry. makes a change from a car park i suppose.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Busy day of DIY, with occasional breaks to sit in the sunshine.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • hopkinb
    Step83 wrote:

Untitled-2.png
  • hopkinb wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Untitled-2.png

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcST38wo25uKZheNp22_DJ-HGImNIS14d2h2E7qQiSpUq1e_uxnNsA
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Afternoon folks,
    Good job I don't have a knife, I'd be tempted to use it.
    Another busy day of sorting out other people's fuckups, but I had a small win as I have convinced management that people shouldn't be allowed to create part numbers or change suppliers without it being checked by somebody that knows what they're doing. Unfortunately that makes another job for me, but hopefully will eliminate having to sort them out after the event.
    Today being Wednesday I should be out with my usual Wednesday lot, but I'm out for free beer and curry with a few people from work. Thankfully people I get on with rather than the idiots.
    Had to drive in today as delivering the EPO to work, got here to discover one of the roads I usually wobble along has been closed due to an explosion. Riding past all the drivers getting wound up by the increase in traffic would have been great fun.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • step83
    hopkinb wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Untitled-2.png

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcST38wo25uKZheNp22_DJ-HGImNIS14d2h2E7qQiSpUq1e_uxnNsA

Its only this thing

Suspension-Multi-Plier.jpg

Not like I'm casually carrying a kitchen knife around. :roll:
  • keef66
    I got a Victorinox one like that in the car. Blagged it off a Marketing colleague who had them as promotional items. Every blade / gadget is razor sharp and potentially more lethal than anything in our kitchen.
  • sungod
    bit of excitement on the rer, agents of le contrôleur gros stormed the train and struck down upon the unticketed with great vengeance and payment terminals

fauchon shopped, tartare scoffed, bier quaffed, past participled, now munching many mini madeleines in the eurostar lounge, annoyingly i could've got the earlier train, i blame proust
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    I often carry a great big parang in the car which is seldom used. Should probably reconsider...
  • step83
    HaydenM wrote:
    I often carry a great big parang in the car which is seldom used. Should probably reconsider...

I carry a breaker bar, for loosening wheel nuts obviously. In all fairness the fire extinguisher I have in the cars probably more useful if someone starting getting angry. Powder them an leave sharpish.
  • sungod
    leathermans are good

still got my old mod survival knife, used to carry it in jungley places, think the last time i used it was to get through an obstinate door
  • step83
    sungod wrote:
    leathermans are good

still got my old mod survival knife, used to carry it in jungley places, think the last time i used it was to get through an obstinate door

Well, you have to survive Suburbia...
  • My dad, being the international terrorist that he is had his Leatherman micro confiscated at Liverpool airport as he forgot to take it off his car keys.

I've got the Wingman, comes in handy now and again for fending off ninjas and wasps.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    Step83 wrote:
    i'm central london, but commuting suburbians are a potential food source in the event of no-deal supply chain disruption, tastes like pork (i'm told)
  • hopkinb
    sungod wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    i'm central london, but commuting suburbians are a potential food source in the event of no-deal supply chain disruption, tastes like pork (i'm told)
    I'm a suburbian, and I taste of cheap, strong Polish lager. You can tell it's me by the dirty bike, eat one of the other ones. They taste of pork.
  • sungod
    was thinking of the ones from further out, perhaps cider drinkers, apples+pork, it's a winner
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    Surprised nobody has made the obvious Finbarr quip about sg wanting to taste commuter pork.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    What's wrong with the air quality Step?

Me doing stuff me. I even had a pedal.

Forecast is good for at least 3 more days.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!