tuesday spiflicating with directed energy

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,554
edited September 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

another day another webex with barking gmc punter of gmc punter of gmc, may finally have reached the point at which barking gives way to reality

sun shall be lazed in while sipping coffee and watching ducks, considering early bail
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    WFH as I’ve got round two of injections today.

Later is the fun bike and making the most of the fading light
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, lovely outside if a little cool, more thumb twiddling today tomorrow onwards will be lots of boxes being delivered hopefully so that'll keep me busy.

Dogs been walked so now toast for us both an coffee for me then roll down to work.
  • Morning. Nice day here after cloud of yesterday. Ride is on the cards then a spot of packing. Did I mention I was off to Greece for a weeks sailing....
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,152
    Morning
    There was a spectacularly angry sunrise this morning here, although riding in to the office was bright and pleasant enough. It's gone a bit dark and grim now but hopefully it will clear up later.

Trying to arrange to go and look at a hole this morning - it's as exciting as it sounds.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, papers need to go out by tomorrow evening for a meeting next week and I'm behind, lots of work for me today! Thankfully the guy who sailed to Italy is back to take the helm so I'm churning through budgets today. Bikes later (hopefully)
  • HaydenM wrote:
    Morning, papers need to go out by tomorrow evening for a meeting next week and I'm behind, lots of work for me today! Thankfully the guy who sailed to Italy is back to take the helm so I'm churning through budgets today. Bikes later (hopefully)

Just as well he's there to take the helm otherwise you may end up all at sea :D
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    HaydenM wrote:

Just as well he's there to take the helm otherwise you may end up all at sea :D

Yes, and you wouldn't want to be sailing 3 sheets to the wind.

Me got to go cut grass me. It's breezy but sunny.
    oxoman wrote:
    ...so usual BS to wade through.

You were moaning about this sort of thing in your previous occupation...
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Bits to do, must crack on. More decorating tonight.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Errands and appointments day. A shame really as it was lovely and sunny after a chilly start and would have been nice to sit around and do sod all.

Tomorrow maybe.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,522
    Afternoon, working from home as Strifeys car needs its MOT and service. Hopefully we're getting shot of it next year once Stropteen goes to uni as its getting old and the maintenance bills are mounting.

In other news, Cake Stop seems even stroppier than usual :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Back from last ride for a week or so, very pleasant it was too, sunny although a fresh breeze. Looks like weather here going to be nice this week, it better not be as good as Greece as nothing is more irritating than going away only to find weather as good at home! Think I'll be fine.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Everyone in my company seems to sail yachts so I can't work out it the sailing metaphors are from that or their general London/investment bullsh1t...
  • step83
    Anyone want some enabalming powder? :lol:
  • HaydenM wrote:
    Everyone in my company seems to sail yachts so I can't work out it the sailing metaphors are from that or their general London/investment bullsh1t...

sounds like we like the cut of their jib
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • My secretary has just come back from holiday in sunny* Spain and showed my clips on her phone of torrential rain, backed up drains and parasols heading out towards the sea.

I showed her my Italian ones of 30 degrees drinking cocktails by the side of the lake.

*obvs not last week...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Step83 wrote:

It does make a change from passports and driving licenses.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    Step83 wrote:

Or View first unread post buy mephedrone,methylone,fentanyl powder, etizolam As I've just spotted.

Spain reminds me, friend of mine was near Alicante last week on holiday, they send some pretty scary images of the flooding an damage.
  • Stevo_666
    Step83 wrote:

I suppose with the average age on this forum, having a 'stiff' problem takes on a different meaning.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Speak for yourself.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Stevo_666
    Speak for yourself.
    I was thinking more about embalming dead bodies...
  • I think I get your point...
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    Could put it in the office water cooler

"whys this water taste funny?"

"shut up an drink!"
  • Goddamnit Ryanair and your one million seat sale, now I've wasted two hours pricing up skiing holidays in the Italian Dolomites.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Step83 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Or View first unread post buy mephedrone,methylone,fentanyl powder, etizolam As I've just spotted.

Spain reminds me, friend of mine was near Alicante last week on holiday, they send some pretty scary images of the flooding an damage.
    One of the guys in my local has a place over there and was saying how bad it was, he’s going over tomorrow in his Lear jet to asses the damage - I want his life
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    Step83 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

yes was there week before that, there were some epic storms/rain showers & serious amounts of damage in places, tbf I think it happens more often than we hear about in the Uk necessarily and especially Sept/Oct, but this year has been particularly bad for them
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Wasnae me.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Wasnae me.
    I know. But I never knew Guardian was beyond criticism :)
  • pinno
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Wasnae me.
    I know. But I never knew Guardian was beyond criticism :)

Yebbut...

viewtopic.php?f=40088&t=13105096&start=680#p20572998