New bike decisions

dimmockg
dimmockg Posts: 471
edited September 2019 in Road buying advice
I've had confirmation today that my Giant TCR advanced 2 has been officially written off, the insurer of the driver which knocked me off have confirmed, so I now need to start looking for a new ride.

In terms of my riding, it's generally 20 to 50 miles about 4 times a week. As much as I'd love to ride for the whole day I simply don't have time at the moment.

My TCR advanced 2 was a medium, the only changes I'd made were wheels and a new stem - I swapped out the 100mm one for a 90mm stem with a slight difference in angle when fitted. My height is 5' 8" with an inside leg of about 30 (probably more 29.5). There are some cracking deals around at the moment and my shortlist is as follows:

Giant TCR advanced 1 - ultegra and rim brakes
Specialized Tarmac SL6 - 105 and discs
Trek Emonda SL6 - ultegra and rim
Scott Addict 20 - either disc or non disc, 105

All of the above would be a medium or 54 and ive ridden a tcr (mine) and sat on the 54 trek - which felt good. I can try the Scott tomorrow but the specialized I've no way of trying so will probably discount it.

Is there anything else glaringly obvious I've missed? I know there's the canyon, ribble offerings etc but I won't be able to give those a try out before buying.

Budget is ideally £1500 or for 'the right bike' £1750

Cheers

Comments

• asprilla
    asprilla Posts: 8,440
    The Tarmac has 1mm difference of both stack and reach from the TCR so I doubt you could tell the difference between the two.

Whilst its always best to check, if you know your stack and reach you can buy off the web with confidence.
    Mud - Genesis Vapour CCX
    Race - Fuji Norcom Straight
    Sun - Cervelo R3
    Winter / Commute - Dolan ADX
  • Opted for 'better the devil you know' took delivery of a TCR advanced 1 today

Tried a Scott addict and Orro Gold yesterday, didn't really gel with either

The trek was a close consideration but the Giant was some £'s cheaper so can get wheels if required