Vile left wing envy and hatred

1235

Posts

  • What’s wrong with being posh?

    You may feel free to ignore any specific words that trigger you. Also no offence meant to those shortsighted in one eye.
    and then the next thing you know
  • elbowloh wrote:
    Its funny when Brexiteers accuse the EU of being a dictatorship at the same time they support Boris proroguing parliament and cutting out our primary, legislative, elected-body from the decision making process.

    It's funny when remainers go one step further and deny the electorate an election because they are scared of the kicking that they will get...
    Fair-weather commuter
    Canyon Ultimate CF 8.0 in Black - WOW :)
    Giant Defy 2 - FCN 4(summer) / 5(winter) - Great bike
    Hybrid - FCN 8 - Relegated to the pub bike
  • MatthewfalleMatthewfalle Posts: 17,571
    elbowloh wrote:
    Its funny when Brexiteers accuse the EU of being a dictatorship at the same time they support Boris proroguing parliament and cutting out our primary, legislative, elected-body from the decision making process.

    It's funny when remainers go one step further and deny the electorate an election because they are scared of the kicking that they will get...

    well, we all know the actual reasoning behind the GE not being held but lets not stop Coopster having a good old Daily Express style rant.....
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

    De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

    Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

    He's right you know.
  • What’s wrong with being posh?

    You may feel free to ignore any specific words that trigger you. Also no offence meant to those shortsighted in one eye.

    But Boris Johnson doesn't have vision correction either.

    I know what your point is but it's lost in the name calling which basically trivialises the whole matter and reduces the discussion to petty nonsense.
  • Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Are you equally disgusted by the vile class driven outpourings of the right wing press or is that ok?
    Given that comments on here about the wrongdoings of the right wing press/media are fairly common, all Mr. Dog appears to be doing is bringing a bit of balance to the debate :)

    But as I'm sure you will agree, two wrongs don't make a right so the line about 'what about nasty things the right wing press have said' doesn't excuse the Guardian's latest effort.

    No it doesn't. But ultimately I'd still like to know what the ranters expect from the Grauniad? Are they allowed to learn from this mistake? What annoys me is not people apologising for mistakes but them apologising (or not) and then repeatedly and knowingly re-making those mistakes.
    They are obviouly allowed to learn but probably won't as in my experience, lefties don't learn :) Just look at the Labour party going back to the politics of the 1970s.

    You mean like how the Tories learned from the mistake of having a divisive leader in a Govt with no majority by replacing her with Boris Johnson?
    Well at least the the conservatives have learned from the mistakes of the past and Chamberlin about trying to negotiate and appease European dictatorships that have no intention of being partners.

    The Labour Party of course remains true to its roots in appeasing and enabling the enemy. The would be Prime Minister is in fact, an advocate of taking it up the shoot ter and doing the bidding of enemies of the state.

    An apologist of the first order, much like yourself.

    You need to read a book as your comparison is the opposite of the reality.
  • Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Are you equally disgusted by the vile class driven outpourings of the right wing press or is that ok?
    Given that comments on here about the wrongdoings of the right wing press/media are fairly common, all Mr. Dog appears to be doing is bringing a bit of balance to the debate :)

    But as I'm sure you will agree, two wrongs don't make a right so the line about 'what about nasty things the right wing press have said' doesn't excuse the Guardian's latest effort.

    No it doesn't. But ultimately I'd still like to know what the ranters expect from the Grauniad? Are they allowed to learn from this mistake? What annoys me is not people apologising for mistakes but them apologising (or not) and then repeatedly and knowingly re-making those mistakes.
    They are obviouly allowed to learn but probably won't as in my experience, lefties don't learn :) Just look at the Labour party going back to the politics of the 1970s.

    You mean like how the Tories learned from the mistake of having a divisive leader in a Govt with no majority by replacing her with Boris Johnson?
    Well at least the the conservatives have learned from the mistakes of the past and Chamberlin about trying to negotiate and appease European dictatorships that have no intention of being partners.

    The Labour Party of course remains true to its roots in appeasing and enabling the enemy. The would be Prime Minister is in fact, an advocate of taking it up the shoot ter and doing the bidding of enemies of the state.

    An apologist of the first order, much like yourself.

    You need to read a book as your comparison is the opposite of the reality.

    Did JC not invite the IRA to Parliament? Did he not attend the funeral of Palestinian terrorists? Is he not an anti semite either? maybe I should stop reading and start smoking
  • tailwindhometailwindhome Posts: 13,544
    The Ulsterisation of UK politics is going well.
    "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED? IS THIS NOT WHY YOU ARE HERE?"
  • elbowloh wrote:
    Its funny when Brexiteers accuse the EU of being a dictatorship at the same time they support Boris proroguing parliament and cutting out our primary, legislative, elected-body from the decision making process.

    Nothing screams "democracy" like sending a monocle wearing posh boy to see the queen in her castle and getting her to shut down the elected parliament.
    Can someone please tell me why an election would be democratic at this point but another referendum isn't? This person, who must be hugely clever as he uses very long words, some of them English, obviously thought a second referendum would be a good idea at this point (although in typical Leaver style, the truth is a fluid thing and can be denied at will): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3rX4nJ0snc
  • Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Are you equally disgusted by the vile class driven outpourings of the right wing press or is that ok?
    Given that comments on here about the wrongdoings of the right wing press/media are fairly common, all Mr. Dog appears to be doing is bringing a bit of balance to the debate :)

    But as I'm sure you will agree, two wrongs don't make a right so the line about 'what about nasty things the right wing press have said' doesn't excuse the Guardian's latest effort.

    No it doesn't. But ultimately I'd still like to know what the ranters expect from the Grauniad? Are they allowed to learn from this mistake? What annoys me is not people apologising for mistakes but them apologising (or not) and then repeatedly and knowingly re-making those mistakes.
    They are obviouly allowed to learn but probably won't as in my experience, lefties don't learn :) Just look at the Labour party going back to the politics of the 1970s.

    You mean like how the Tories learned from the mistake of having a divisive leader in a Govt with no majority by replacing her with Boris Johnson?
    Well at least the the conservatives have learned from the mistakes of the past and Chamberlin about trying to negotiate and appease European dictatorships that have no intention of being partners.

    The Labour Party of course remains true to its roots in appeasing and enabling the enemy. The would be Prime Minister is in fact, an advocate of taking it up the shoot ter and doing the bidding of enemies of the state.

    An apologist of the first order, much like yourself.

    You need to read a book as your comparison is the opposite of the reality.

    Did JC not invite the IRA to Parliament? Did he not attend the funeral of Palestinian terrorists? Is he not an anti semite either? maybe I should stop reading and start smoking
    Wasn't that the same time Thatchers government was negotiating with the IRA through back channels? Wasn't JC kind of trying to get peace too? Iirc I read that IRA people even got to meet government ministers, certainly SF leaders did. Is it only ok for right wing government to invite SF and IRA people into parliament for a meeting back then?
  • Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Rolf F wrote:
    Are you equally disgusted by the vile class driven outpourings of the right wing press or is that ok?
    Given that comments on here about the wrongdoings of the right wing press/media are fairly common, all Mr. Dog appears to be doing is bringing a bit of balance to the debate :)

    But as I'm sure you will agree, two wrongs don't make a right so the line about 'what about nasty things the right wing press have said' doesn't excuse the Guardian's latest effort.

    No it doesn't. But ultimately I'd still like to know what the ranters expect from the Grauniad? Are they allowed to learn from this mistake? What annoys me is not people apologising for mistakes but them apologising (or not) and then repeatedly and knowingly re-making those mistakes.
    They are obviouly allowed to learn but probably won't as in my experience, lefties don't learn :) Just look at the Labour party going back to the politics of the 1970s.

    You mean like how the Tories learned from the mistake of having a divisive leader in a Govt with no majority by replacing her with Boris Johnson?
    Well at least the the conservatives have learned from the mistakes of the past and Chamberlin about trying to negotiate and appease European dictatorships that have no intention of being partners.

    The Labour Party of course remains true to its roots in appeasing and enabling the enemy. The would be Prime Minister is in fact, an advocate of taking it up the shoot ter and doing the bidding of enemies of the state.

    An apologist of the first order, much like yourself.

    You need to read a book as your comparison is the opposite of the reality.

    Did JC not invite the IRA to Parliament? Did he not attend the funeral of Palestinian terrorists? Is he not an anti semite either? maybe I should stop reading and start smoking
    Wasn't that the same time Thatchers government was negotiating with the IRA through back channels? Wasn't JC kind of trying to get peace too? Iirc I read that IRA people even got to meet government ministers, certainly SF leaders did. Is it only ok for right wing government to invite SF and IRA people into parliament for a meeting back then?

    OMG we really have nothing to talk about sweetie.
  • bianchimoonbianchimoon Posts: 3,913
    Wasn't that the same time Thatchers government was negotiating with the IRA through back channels? Wasn't JC kind of trying to get peace too? Iirc I read that IRA people even got to meet government ministers, certainly SF leaders did. Is it only ok for right wing government to invite SF and IRA people into parliament for a meeting back then?
    Yes you are correct, ironically some people on here can’t seem to understand that talking is the start point to end violence no matter how unpalatable to a given political view
    All lies and jest..still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest....
  • Rolf FRolf F Posts: 16,126
    elbowloh wrote:
    Its funny when Brexiteers accuse the EU of being a dictatorship at the same time they support Boris proroguing parliament and cutting out our primary, legislative, elected-body from the decision making process.

    It's funny when remainers go one step further and deny the electorate an election because they are scared of the kicking that they will get...

    What are you on about? We had an election in 2017. We aren't due another until 2022. The fact that the biggest party is struggling to achieve anything because they are deliberately divisive doesn't change the fact that that is what we voted for (for reasons I don't begin to understand). We should any remainer feel the need to bail Boris out of the cesspit he put himself in? Let him stew.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Did he not attend the funeral of Palestinian terrorists? Is he not an anti semite either? maybe I should stop reading and start smoking

    Only Israel, the US and Daily Mail readers consider the PLO to be 'terrorists'.
    #f*ckwit
  • Did he not attend the funeral of Palestinian terrorists? Is he not an anti semite either? maybe I should stop reading and start smoking

    Only Israel, the US and Daily Mail readers consider the PLO to be 'terrorists'.

    kindly add me to the list of people who think members of Black September were terrorists
  • I think they were once terrorists but got rehabilitated. Just like SF / IRA, Martin McGuinness and Gerry Adams.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 36,299
    Did he not attend the funeral of Palestinian terrorists? Is he not an anti semite either? maybe I should stop reading and start smoking

    Only Israel, the US and Daily Mail readers consider the PLO to be 'terrorists'.

    kindly add me to the list of people who think members of Black September were terrorists
    Form an orderly queue please...
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Did he not attend the funeral of Palestinian terrorists? Is he not an anti semite either? maybe I should stop reading and start smoking

    Only Israel, the US and Daily Mail readers consider the PLO to be 'terrorists'.

    kindly add me to the list of people who think members of Black September were terrorists
    Form an orderly queue please...

    Im in the q too please. though since they were terrorists killed by jews they are a difficult group. Hero Martyrs :roll:
  • I feel I owe an apology to all you raving left wing terrorist appeasing class warriors.

    here it is, in the form of a link to some outrageous fake news by a Rightist facist news organisation. Lets stand together on this one. SOLIDARITY COMRADES

    https://www.channel4.com/news/factcheck ... wreath-row
  • Robert88Robert88 Posts: 2,722
    I think they were once terrorists but got rehabilitated. Just like SF / IRA, Martin McGuinness and Gerry Adams.

    Another set of terrorists from whose hands the blood was washed are of course the Stern Gang, a bunch of assassins seeking to end British Rule in Palestine. One of their more violent members, Yitzhak Shamir, later became Israel's prime minister.
  • ballysmateballysmate Posts: 13,026
    The OP should really know by now that if you are going to slag off a paper on this forum, that paper has to be the Mail. That's just the way it is. Otherwise, the hand wringers take umbrage.
  • Stevo_666Stevo_666 Posts: 36,299
    ballysmate wrote:
    The OP should really know by now that if you are going to slag off a paper on this forum, that paper has to be the Mail. That's just the way it is. Otherwise, the hand wringers take umbrage.
    I think you are also allowed the occasional swipe at The Telegraph, as long as you add something like 'its not as good as it used to be'.
    Whippet
    Bruiser
    Panzer
    Commuter

    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tailwindhometailwindhome Posts: 13,544
    This is a weird thread
    "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED? IS THIS NOT WHY YOU ARE HERE?"
  • This is a weird thread
    I haven't read each post but where did the issue of envy get addressed?
  • tailwindhometailwindhome Posts: 13,544
    The article in the Guardian was ugly in tone and badly misjudged, but it won't make the top 5 vilest things in the papers this week.
    "ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED? IS THIS NOT WHY YOU ARE HERE?"
  • Robert88Robert88 Posts: 2,722
    This is a weird thread
    I haven't read each post but where did the issue of envy get addressed?

    I did make a start but it several pages ago.
    Robert88 wrote:
    The outrage expressed over this ancient article should not be allowed to cover up the fact that the UK is bitterly divided.

    This division could justifiably be blamed on the government of the UK, its policies promoting austerity and the way in which the hardest hit were 'the masses' at the lower end of the wealth spectrum.

    The discontent was a gift for those campaigning for Brexit.
  • ProssPross Posts: 21,047
    ballysmate wrote:
    The OP should really know by now that if you are going to slag off a paper on this forum, that paper has to be the Mail. That's just the way it is. Otherwise, the hand wringers take umbrage.

    And yet the response has been pretty unanimous in saying the article was wrong and shouldn't have been published.
  • Robert88 wrote:
    This is a weird thread
    I haven't read each post but where did the issue of envy get addressed?

    I did make a start but it several pages ago.
    Robert88 wrote:
    The outrage expressed over this ancient article should not be allowed to cover up the fact that the UK is bitterly divided.

    This division could justifiably be blamed on the government of the UK, its policies promoting austerity and the way in which the hardest hit were 'the masses' at the lower end of the wealth spectrum.

    The discontent was a gift for those campaigning for Brexit.
    Oh yes! Otherwise known as the "it's the Tory's fault" argument. Apply to everything wrong with UK and politics. It covers so many wrongs!

    Except I believe this editorial was written by a staunch left winger called Owen who holds the Tory's fault argument at the core of his political belief system, like a religious fundamentalist. So imho it doesn't hold in this case because the envy, if that is what it is, comes from the left. The issue is with the left. And a privileged left at that I reckon. So I really don't know what that envy is about
  • rjsterryrjsterry Posts: 15,264
    Pross wrote:
    ballysmate wrote:
    The OP should really know by now that if you are going to slag off a paper on this forum, that paper has to be the Mail. That's just the way it is. Otherwise, the hand wringers take umbrage.

    And yet the response has been pretty unanimous in saying the article was wrong and shouldn't have been published.

    No, no, the Guardian is constantly given a free pass by everyone. You're not allowed to say anything anymore. Left wing liberal elites, blah blah blah etc, etc.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    1980s BSA 10sp

    Liberal metropolitan, remoaner, traitor, "sympathiser", etc.
  • Robert88Robert88 Posts: 2,722
    Robert88 wrote:
    This is a weird thread
    I haven't read each post but where did the issue of envy get addressed?

    I did make a start but it several pages ago.
    Robert88 wrote:
    The outrage expressed over this ancient article should not be allowed to cover up the fact that the UK is bitterly divided.

    This division could justifiably be blamed on the government of the UK, its policies promoting austerity and the way in which the hardest hit were 'the masses' at the lower end of the wealth spectrum.

    The discontent was a gift for those campaigning for Brexit.
    Oh yes! Otherwise known as the "it's the Tory's fault" argument. Apply to everything wrong with UK and politics. It covers so many wrongs!

    Except I believe this editorial was written by a staunch left winger called Owen who holds the Tory's fault argument at the core of his political belief system, like a religious fundamentalist. So imho it doesn't hold in this case because the envy, if that is what it is, comes from the left. The issue is with the left. And a privileged left at that I reckon. So I really don't know what that envy is about

    So how do you explain today's political scene?

    Where does the bitter emnity come from?
  • LongshotLongshot Posts: 413
    Robert88 wrote:
    Where does the bitter emnity come from?

    America.

    For a long time, I was always grateful that, despite our differences, we generally did not have the same level of vitriol in our domestic politics that the Americans exhibit.

    Those days seem to be long gone.
    You can fool some of the people all of the time. Concentrate on those people.
Sign In or Register to comment.