sungod
sungod Posts: 16,556
edited September 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

more sunny, more ridey, more coffee, more dr alimantado
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning, no sun , overcast and windy, bike riding later
  • Morning. Grey and overcast but dry and zero wind. Few household chores this morning then maybe a weights session this afternoon as rode yesterday.
  • sungod
    warming up, pleasant end of ride cafe stop, toast and raspberry jam

luvvies are out in force for london fashion week
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,154
    'Noon (feels like it anyway)

Up very early for a very early race. Got there in plenty of time but no sign on at race HQ, turns out they moved it without telling half the riders. Several saw their aris and went home, I just started late.

Started raining on the way home but hopefully going to dry up a bit shortly so I don't have to hide indoors like next door's cat is currently doing.
  • sungod
    currently playing from olde vinyl on big speakers because computers can't do dub https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKp0O60nW1Q
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Very wet after the rourkes cat and fiddle ride. Then a ride across to the game fair to meet the family and drive them home. Can’t decide if I’m now up on pints with the wife
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, not long back from a pedal with a very loud man from Naples. Urgh shall avoid him in future I think

Waiting on some toast to do then bike faffing. Turns out you can get mtb cranks on a road bike, just need spacers!
  • Step83 wrote:
    Afternoon, not long back from a pedal with a very loud man from Naples. Urgh shall avoid him in future I think

Waiting on some toast to do then bike faffing. Turns out you can get mtb cranks on a road bike, just need spacers!
    Yeah, but... chain line. Will be noisy and probably cr@p shifting
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    Afternoon folks,
    Traditional slow start was enjoyed, now pottering about doing odd jobs in between bouts of drinking tea or coffee. Need to pop round to see the old dear shortly. Might move on to a beer or two later.
    Good choice SG, need to fix my turntable again. Only one channel working at the moment. Need to swap wires around to find where the fault is.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Step83 wrote:

Yeah, but... chain line. Will be noisy and probably cr@p shifting

Spacers non drive side :wink: Its only till I get another road crank anyway.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Positively tropical here in deepest Bromley given its mid September. The hounds are resting on the tiled floors in the kitchen and shower room to keep cool. Pity it's not like this for riding tomorrow.

Done a fair few jobs, transferred the latest lot of stuff from my folks house to the loft, got supplies/petrol etc. Now having a little break before Stressbag thinks of something that 'needs' doing.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    sungod wrote:
    currently playing from olde vinyl on big speakers because computers can't do dub https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKp0O60nW1Q

:D

Heavily sampled for jungle tracks of the early 90's.

Not much up here. Me and mini heading to the common for a stroll.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    Late start. Really pleasing 3 hr ride, sunshine and headwinds not too troublesome. Now late lunch. Then a late laze. Laters.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,154
    TLW1 wrote:
    Can’t decide if I’m now up on pints with the wife
    Pints or points or both?
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    TLW1 wrote:
    Can’t decide if I’m now up on pints with the wife
    Pints or points or both?
    Points means pints :)

I checked - massively up
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    Loving the Pet Shop Boys live in Hyde Park. On the BBCs. Brilliant. Makes me happy.