friday splashing in the atomic fountain

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,556
edited September 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

after yesterday's glorious victory over recalcitrant shiny shiny, today will be mostly coffee and in a meeting trying to remain conscious and resist killing, suspect i shall walk out about halfway
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning. Prospect of a simply glorious day, sunny, warm and waves. I'll be surfing then BBQing. Bliss.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning just walking the hound in the dark, strapped a bike light to her jacket so I don't loose her. Bar her noise an the gentle rustle of trees it's silent. Beautiful!

Anyway work later taking logistics girly for lunch then catch up with some friends over pizza later an look for bike bits after that.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Looks bright out. Weather app says northerly wind, so ride to work will be a grind. Mrs H3 off to Oslo to see a friend. I think mini and I will go and visit the dog in Cov.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    In a branch near alsager today, absolutely not linked to going to Brian rourkes to pick up a new bike :)

Later will be a quick spin, then tennis with the bin lids and pub
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Cracking morning, opened the curtains to a stunning cloud inversion over the hills and valleys over Moffat and bright sunshine for a quick dog walk. Left him at home today as we have more important people in the office and he seems to bark at the top bossman, completely out of character for him as otherwise I've heard him bark about 5 times.

Bikes after work, will be cut short to prioritise beers with the OH, she's been moping about for the last few days and I'm yet to discover what the problem is.

My dad is walking the coast to coast with a friend so I might devise a plan to walk a section of it with them on the weekend also
  • hopkinb
    HaydenM wrote:
    Cracking morning, opened the curtains to a stunning cloud inversion over the hills and valleys over Moffat and bright sunshine for a quick dog walk. Left him at home today as we have more important people in the office and he seems to bark at the top bossman, completely out of character for him as otherwise I've heard him bark about 5 times.

Bikes after work, will be cut short to prioritise beers with the OH, she's been moping about for the last few days and I'm yet to discover what the problem is.

My dad is walking the coast to coast with a friend so I might devise a plan to walk a section of it with them on the weekend also

Cloud inversion? Is that forestry talk for "rain"?!

Dogs just know...however, that makes my dog

1. Racist
    2. Beardist
    3. Sunglassesist
    4. Anyone walking past my front gateist
    5. Anyone coming into my houseist

These are her bark triggers.

If you don't know what the problem is with OH, it's probably your fault... :wink:
  • haydenm
    hopkinb wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

Cloud inversion? Is that forestry talk for "rain"?!

Dogs just know...however, that makes my dog

1. Racist
    2. Beardist
    3. Sunglassesist

If you don't know what the problem is with OH, it's probably your fault... :wink:

For once no! Thick cloud sitting over the tops of the hills, mist in the hollows and valleys and sun shining over the top. Best sort of morning. I was also quite enjoying the 6 degree temperature as well strangely...

You're correct about the OH problem being my fault but I can't figure it out, I've been feeling extremely chirpy for a week or so so maybe it's just jealousy
  • hopkinb
    HaydenM wrote:

I've been feeling extremely chirpy for a week or so so maybe it's just jealousy

That's certainly enough to trigger Mrs H3...

Her current default setting is stamping about and looking for things to complain about, or to ask in a passive aggressive fashion "what is x doing here?". We are somewhat pleased that she is spending the weekend elsewhere, and we can all have a bit of a break. :roll:
  • Back after a nice chilled break in Menaggio which went something along the lines of walk, lunch, wine, Limoncello, walk, Aperol Spritz, dinner, wine.

Even managed to squeeze in one final lunch at Harry Bar in Cernobbio on the way back to the airport. 30 degrees in the sun eating Prawn Tagliolini finished off with a Bellini.

Had a wander up here, there is a little religious monument just where the arrow points - look for the white dot.

w90uwSGJUqIabMs_P9Q7Y6eQblAchFs3XKq_ff_v4_6bReLtzYVEkhS50YK4-AkA3aEv09CgbIycexVs86DF5Rul45TgsaEFt7lvsPlFu4qwqwRxbLqjrolQNcUHjv9bArg8yTbdAg=w2400

This is the view from it.

tVQgLhDkwZsrA-Vo2z9oBghrUh4DTiS_C1Xk_NKX4ixorWtF59bted-jAwREStM_2thXYvLi5073nB_0UxEeW2plFXZ5jYVXxyUsRhMvWuP0vJZGw1M1WP9MG1u34qpakwwr8HKRgQ=w2400

A little panorama photo

XJ7qY3tX_4NK_55YtOjjgyN3PT6XvnFaam77_5u8fyhFBSaSwH-gLEonWrwUFYGVCTv_2ikNqWApcRRx_Ia-rwje-cTp3JdVvrvz0-IFuTvYEh1okqZJIoiscHJUO2Ah0phucTS2ng=w2400

A view of Gravedona from a little terrace above Ca De Matt.

hTGVaq0ZMAQrJaa5OnUZim-AtPTtnrebFMDnBgs2aojsZCI6-QerXeGxD2CeFsD77NkWYbtPQtEs4BKsTdFzCcxwNr3jrn67Hh8da6IX0MTiaJ0rfEPcyPbU-n2IcqFEygyLmsmQ0w=w2400

Weather Rope

fxqoMB_qEmCEwXa7uSe27sYvSzAO-v29l8S8qQttcXeDc2f-Q3aIUeX-GDH56EtGO1zXSdUr_ENLDLeAmB1VIfthI7-lh6SbttPFtaQNgHleIAtaFkiRceZ8AFBq1aKo-MgNZ8Zh0A=w2400

Feeling the full effects of two holidays on the bounce though, rode in to work this morning in an effort to do some exercise. Its only about 3 miles but the ride home will be much longer.

Decorating to do this weekend and I'm supposed to be out drinking on Saturday too :?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Not a Friday 13th to remember TBH. Taxi service for other half into the dentist appointment to have two teeth removed. That bit went fine, but the inevitable wearing-off of the anaesthetic has left him in a bad way all afternoon. I'm doling out the codeine pills at the prescribed rate and preparing mushy but tasty food.

Shiny full moon tonight, and sunny day forecast for tomorrow. Bring it!
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • step83
    hopkinb wrote:

1. Racist
    2. Beardist
    3. Sunglassesist

Dogs are weird,

Mine dislikes

1. Falling leaves, stick are fine, leave no
    2. Post, specifically when it falls through the letter box, if she doesn't see it fall she doesn't care
    3. Dogs smaller than her

Shes only barked once at a person an that was the vet, she knows they are evil.
  • haydenm
    hopkinb wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

I've been feeling extremely chirpy for a week or so so maybe it's just jealousy

That's certainly enough to trigger Mrs H3...

Her current default setting is stamping about and looking for things to complain about, or to ask in a passive aggressive fashion "what is x doing here?". We are somewhat pleased that she is spending the weekend elsewhere, and we can all have a bit of a break. :roll:

It's hard to give a sh!t about the fact there are shoes out of place on the floor for example when I've just got back from having the time of my life riding bikes. It's not specifically directed at me yet which is nice, but part of the reason I'm so happy at the moment is because I'm only unhappy about things if I let them get me down, she seems to be brought down by everything no matter how trivial. It's not a clinical thing, she just needs to chill out.
  • haydenm
    oxoman wrote:
    H, aren't all women like that. Always taking things to heart regardless whether it's relevant to them or not.

I mean, without making massive generalisations about women, yes (in my experience) :lol:

These things are equally relevant to me and her, but they don't register on my emotional response radar at all. Even when I broke my arm a few years ago I wasn't especially miserable about it... I was grateful for the time off work and skipped the painkillers so I could spend the days drinking
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Yo,

Enjoy the sunshine everyone, and the friday treats, a drink, food or a new bike, or for oxo the hair of the dog
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Cracking surf this morning, now chilling with coffee and TMS. Will look for another surf this afternoon methinks.
    Life. Is. Good.
  • step83
    Speaking of new bikes, my frame turned up, only ordered it yesterday, was meant to arrive Tuesday. Faff as now I have to go home, get the car then come home again.

#Faff
  • Step83 wrote:
    Speaking of new bikes, my frame turned up, only ordered it yesterday, was meant to arrive Tuesday. Faff as now I have to go home, get the car then come home again.

#Faff

need pics of frame asap please!
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • anyhow, packing to go away for a few days then back for one day then away again. Nothing strenuous, just not really feeling the love tbh. Must be that time of year.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    Step83 wrote:

#Faff

need pics of frame asap please!

Will do later not long dumped it in the car.
  • Well. This afternoons surf was even better than this mornings. Awesome is the word!
  • hopkinb
    Well. This afternoons surf was even better than this mornings. Awesome is the word!
    Hurricane leftovers?
    I do like a surf. I'm far from competent, but annual holidays and lessons at Porthmeor or Gwythian beaches in Cornwall have left me with an appreciation for the excitement (and fitness required).
  • Yes swell from ex hurricane Dorian.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Evening.

Productive day of house clearing in the NE, visiting friends and rellies in the area. Bonus was driving the Panzer on some good North Yorkshire roads.

Now chilling back at a fairly empty folks house with a big glass of plonk contemplating what frozen/tinned food to have.

@hayden/hoppy/oxo - if the usual solutions don't work, putting distance between yourself and miserable bint related problems is often the best answer. I'm just enjoying my second evening 265 miles from home :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    Step83 wrote:
    ...taking logistics girly for lunch...

Oh yeah!? The cute logistics girl?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • awavey
    awavey Posts: 2,368
    I didnt get monumentally close passed, or have a van drive head on at me today, by recent standards today was actually pretty decent cycling to/from work, and yet I still feel royally farked off about it
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    awavey wrote:
    I didnt get monumentally close passed, or have a van drive head on at me today, by recent standards today was actually pretty decent cycling to/from work, and yet I still feel royally farked off about it

Are you in logistics?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Indeed it was, shes a bit younger than I thought it turns out. Still not complaining.
  • haydenm
    Step83 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Indeed it was, shes a bit younger than I thought it turns out. Still not complaining.

Well, if she doesn't tell her parents, does it matter...?
  • step83
    HaydenM wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

Well, if she doesn't tell her parents, does it matter...?

Fair point, plus I keep getting told I look younger than I am so, meh why not!
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Step83 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

How is that a bad thing? :) Just remember the old rule of thumb for how much younger she can be before its a bit creepy (half your age +7yrs)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]