All rounder

katoosh
katoosh Posts: 3
edited September 2019 in MTB buying advice
Hi all,

Another roadie here looking to get into more off road stuff. I'm looking for a good all rounder which I can use on local countryside/woodland trails (mostly flat) but will also be good at the odd bike park and trips up to the Scottish mountain trails (Seven Stains, etc). I'll also need to keep up with my local club mates who mostly use mid range FS bikes.

Can anyone recommend a good sub £2000 FS bike that'll be a keeper for upgrading? Something with a good lightweight frame to build on as I don't mind replacing parts later on if I fall in love with off road. I'm 6'4" so need a decent length and probably 29ers?

Cheers!

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    How about a 2019 Trance 29er?
    Great bike and bang on your budget.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • katoosh wrote:
    Hi all,

Another roadie here looking to get into more off road stuff. I'm looking for a good all rounder which I can use on local countryside/woodland trails (mostly flat) but will also be good at the odd bike park and trips up to the Scottish mountain trails (Seven Stains, etc). I'll also need to keep up with my local club mates who mostly use mid range FS bikes.

Can anyone recommend a good sub £2000 FS bike that'll be a keeper for upgrading? Something with a good lightweight frame to build on as I don't mind replacing parts later on if I fall in love with off road. I'm 6'4" so need a decent length and probably 29ers?

Cheers![/quot

Have a look at the Sonder Cortex I have an Evol but prob to much suspension for what you want and the cortex is a 29er

https://www.alpkit.com/sonder/sonder-cortex
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Scale or Anthem