simulate a route

staituk
staituk Posts: 37
hi i watched a youtube video where the guy loaded a route on to his bolt and simulated that route on his trainer. as he was paging through the bolt there was a page that said ROUTE "select route to simulate"

i have been through the pages on my Bolt and cant find this. i am wondering if i need a Wahoo trainer for this to work, or should it work with the Neo2

i am able to ride the route but it does not simulate it as the resistance stays the same regardless of the incline or decent

has anyone with a neo got this to work with the Bolt?

thanks

Comments

• redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    It should work fine.

Use the wahoo app to send the chosen route to the bolt.
    Then make sure the bolt is connected to the neo.
    Find the route on the bolt and load it (easiest way to find it is actually cycling through the pages until you get to the map and route tab will be an option - via the left button iirc).

May take a second or two for the route to load but when it does, if the smart trainer is connected properly, the route will be simulated.
  • hi, i have done all that, it will show the route and follow it, but the incline and decent changes does not work.
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    staituk wrote:
    hi, i have done all that, it will show the route and follow it, but the incline and decent changes does not work.

As I said elsewhere, the Wahoo computers don't play nicely with non Wahoo trainers when doing workouts or route following. My Direto would have speeds in the 200mph bracket and no resistance (probably due to the ridiculous speeds being interpreted) and the Neo I now have just locks up.

It's the one area where Garmin has the advantage over the Wahoo devices.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.