What is Go Outdoors/Calibre Warranty like?

dabber
dabber Posts: 1,926
edited September 2019 in MTB buying advice
I'm currently thinking about getting either a Line 10 or Bossnut Evo.I see the warranty is a basic 12 months with all the usual exclusions/disclaimersbut was wondering what they were like to deal with when actually put to the test.

In addition, do Go Outdoor do the bike build as part of the deal,that isn't too clear to me.
Thanks in advance.
“You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut

Comments

• dabber
    Sorry for the bad form on bumping this, but I'm sort of presuming that "no news is (possibly) good news" on the basis that there is usually a lot of feedback when things are crap.

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • I can't comment specifically on the warranty side of things as I've only dealt with them for non-bike items. The bikes are generally pretty good.

Bike are usually pre-built, so I'd like to think you wouldn't have to put it together!
    "Ride, crash, replace"
  • dabber
    Thanks BillyCool. Since the original posting I did a bit of checking and yes, they do build the bike. I'd do my own checking of the build anyway (as people do with Halfords builds) to be safe.

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,142
    A colleague had a problem with a Bossnut and took it back (possibly a stuck down shock).
    They sorted it out but it took a wile because the parts needed were no longer available. They were honest about it and kept him informed of what was going on.
    In the end I think they managed to find a different linkage and better shock and replaced it free of charge.

I suspect like a lot of chain stores though that it varies from store to store!
  • dabber
    A colleague had a problem with a Bossnut and took it back (possibly a stuck down shock).
    They sorted it out but it took a wile because the parts needed were no longer available. They were honest about it and kept him informed of what was going on.
    In the end I think they managed to find a different linkage and better shock and replaced it free of charge.

I suspect like a lot of chain stores though that it varies from store to store!

Thanks... I think your comment about it varying from store to store is very true. In my case the store I would be using is in Basingstoke.