thursday is fluctuating in and out of existence

sungod
sungod Posts: 17,128
edited September 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

day of mostly lab, get some of m'bods reconfiguring existing shiny shiny, ponder new shiny shiny that's on the way, whether there's enough power, fat cables and cooling, and could we perhaps beam waste energy into hr without cooking bystanders
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• misty foggy & wet. gopping. having coffee, going to the gym. lack of motivation though......
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,128
    pleasant here, sat outside, watched ducks, read inyt, sipped coffee
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,692
    Nice morning for a ride here, unfortunately I had to drive in. Traditional Thursday morning mild hangover is in evidence as the lad and a mate decided drinking whiskey after the ruby was a good idea, it wasn't. Tongue seems to have grown overnight, most odd.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 22,082
    Pleasant here, slow start was planned but work games started very early :(

Later is tennis with the binlids and not the pub like last night
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,516
    Looking for an exit, mahoosive disconnect between senior leadership and reality.

Couple of irons glowing in the fire. Might need more irons....
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, was nice now its cloudy, about to go fishing round in the garage for things to construct a stupid winter bike an likely murder the old MTB an gut it for parts.
    Classing it as working from home, but the laptops deaded from lack of juice an the chargers at work.

Drinking coffee while the dog stares at me, she cant want feeding, or walking, probably wants my coffee again.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, grey here. Working from home today as I had a GP appointment and I might be called upon to ferry important people about later. Arguing with a Chinese person for not posting my ebay item, hoping for a quick resolution...
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    HaydenM wrote:
    Morning, grey here. Working from home today as I had a GP appointment and I might be called upon to ferry important people about later. Arguing with a Chinese person for not posting my ebay item, hoping for a quick resolution...
    They usually just refund you to try and still get 5 star feedback. Not much use when you actually want the thing that you bought.
    Some stuff arrived yesterday from Banggood, only took a week which was pretty good going.
  • Another day involving taxi duties to medical appointments, although one of them was mine. Had some X-rays done for (new) chiropractor.

Planted the other big tree this afternoon, which involved digging a bl00dy great hole and filling it in again.

Groundhog Day tomorrow with taxi duty again, last one for a while I hope.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,604
    Step83 wrote:
    Drinking coffee while the dog stares at me, she cant want feeding, or walking, probably wants my coffee again.
    Step, I heard coffee is toxic for hounds, as is beer - glad I'm not a dog. Now its damp in the garden we can't stop our new houndlet from crunching snails so better keep the worming meds etc up to date.

Got up so early this morning I could have started this thread but didn't fancy trying to type while navigating The Panzer through the badlands of South London into work. Trip North this evening beckons, just need to wait until the worst of rush hour traffic clears then will emerge from the underground bunker and make a break for it up the A1.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo 666 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Step, I heard coffee is toxic for hounds, as is beer - glad I'm not a dog. Now its damp in the garden we can't stop our new houndlet from crunching snails so better keep the worming meds etc up to date.

Got up so early this morning I could have started this thread but didn't fancy trying to type while navigating The Panzer through the badlands of South London into work. Trip North this evening beckons, just need to wait until the worst of rush hour traffic clears then will emerge from the underground bunker and make a break for it up the A1.
    I remember driving the A1, in almost total absence of any traffic whatsoever. I landed in Heathrow on the day of Princess Diana’s funeral, and walked through immigration in under 2 minutes. Picked up rental car to go visit a friend for the weekend in Knaresborough, and the M1 was closed for the funeral procession. Seems the entire country was sitting inside watching the TV, so I had the road to myself.
  • haydenm
    Sitting waiting to be put on a conference call about capital gains tax, if anyone knows how to value land and trees in a forest separately then let me know :shock:
  • step83
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Yeah pretty sure it is like cocoa, all she will do is sniff it then wander off. If theres a glass of water left she be lines it over her bowl every time though.

Fished out bike frame, found CX people playing in a park tried wheels its a nope annoyingly so pulled the trigger on a frame. About to set to stripping down the MTB, there much market left for 26" parts these days?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,217
    Step83 wrote:
    About to set to stripping down the MTB, there much market left for 26" parts these days?
    I'm shortly taking the decent pedals off mine then taking the rest to the scrapman it's that bad.
    I think there's a market for decent parts, forks seem to go for reasonable prices.
  • Step83 wrote:
    About to set to stripping down the MTB, there much market left for 26" parts these days?
    I'm shortly taking the decent pedals off mine then taking the rest to the scrapman it's that bad.
    I think there's a market for decent parts, forks seem to go for reasonable prices.
    This. Good quality stuff still sells (for not huge money unless it's mint collectible XTR stuff) but a lot of things you can barely give away. I sold a $3000 carbon hardtail frame in immaculate nick for $250, all I could get
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

I remember driving the A1, in almost total absence of any traffic whatsoever. I landed in Heathrow on the day of Princess Diana’s funeral, and walked through immigration in under 2 minutes. Picked up rental car to go visit a friend for the weekend in Knaresborough, and the M1 was closed for the funeral procession. Seems the entire country was sitting inside watching the TV, so I had the road to myself.
    It'll be a bit like that for me by time I've fought my way out of London. Thins out massively later on/once you're outside the home counties. Trouble is it's so bloody boring - basically over 200-odd miles on the same mostly straight dual carriageway then hang a right when you get to North Yorkshire.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    HaydenM wrote:
    Sitting waiting to be put on a conference call about capital gains tax, if anyone knows how to value land and trees in a forest separately then let me know :shock:
    I'll avoid that one, sorry Hayden.
  • haydenm
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    I'll avoid that one, sorry Hayden.

Damn. It only really comes into play where we have admitted more members, thus diluting the percentage shares of the other members. It's inextricably linked and there are lots of different views.
  • step83
    Step83 wrote:
    This. Good quality stuff still sells (for not huge money unless it's mint collectible XTR stuff) but a lot of things you can barely give away. I sold a $3000 carbon hardtail frame in immaculate nick for $250, all I could get

Well theres a battered frame, likely worthless, fox RP3, Rockshox Revs 140mm tapered 20mm Maxle black stantions with one minor nick on it. 700mm flat carbon bar, SLX 10spd mech an shifter, SLX crank. Hope 32T chainring, SLX brakes. Rockshox external dropper post.

Reckon I can easily flog the brakes, crank and dropper. Rest is going to get very little if anything. Cassette I'm keeping for the new build though.

Keeping the wheels for the hubs, can get adaptors off hope for them to go from 100 to 110/120 and 13 to 142.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Home, rode further than usual, up more slight inclines than usual. I've been lazy.

My boss has gone now, so minion and I are trying to do the work of 3. I believe I have an interview for boss job next week if the CFO can be pinned down. Not that he gives a fcuk, he's not a finance guy, rather a risk manager, and he's only here 2 years. If I get it, I will hire someone thoroughly competent, and bask in their glory.

Lazy though, must get back up to 200km/week base.
  • veronese68
    Step83 wrote:
    Well theres a battered frame, likely worthless, fox RP3, Rockshox Revs 140mm tapered 20mm Maxle black stantions with one minor nick on it. 700mm flat carbon bar, SLX 10spd mech an shifter, SLX crank. Hope 32T chainring, SLX brakes. Rockshox external dropper post.

Reckon I can easily flog the brakes, crank and dropper. Rest is going to get very little if anything. Cassette I'm keeping for the new build though.

Keeping the wheels for the hubs, can get adaptors off hope for them to go from 100 to 110/120 and 13 to 142.
    Might be interested in some of this Step. How big is the frame? Lad broke the frame on his MTB, most of the rest is serviceable and it's 26" but straight steerer.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,088
    I sent an ebay item back just today. There was a union Jack in the corner of the sales ad. Received the item and but it was Chinese cr4p. Reason for return? I put 'Fake Chinese goods'. Got a refund before he/she has received the goods not 5 hours ago.

I was recovering from hip op No. 1 in hospital (after I had got back from Paris on the day before Princess Di was killed coincidentally) and the cleaner {being of different ethnicity and not understanding the magnitude of the mass, contrived mourning] was getting a rollocking and tuts from all and sundry as she didn't stop working during a 'crucial'part of the televised funeral.
    I was gob smacked at the sheer rudeness of those people. I thought "go on girl, make a helluva racket".
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Might be interested in some of this Step. How big is the frame? Lad broke the frame on his MTB, most of the rest is serviceable and it's 26" but straight steerer.

I think it's a medium I know it's a straight steerer but I used a wide lower headset so it took a tapered fork. It's got a nice ding in one of the tubes but I'll get some photos if you want.
  • veronese68
    Thanks Step, medium a bit small I’m afraid. He’s 6’4”