Wednesday: dig a hole and bury it

Wheelspinner
Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
edited September 2019 in The bottom bracket
This refers to the remains of the rabbit the dog caught. Good girl!

Also will be good fertiliser for the tree we're planting on the remains. Big hole dug, soil mixed, tree positioned just so...

In other news, picked up a handlebar for the Cervelo today, carbon lovely.
Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS

Comments

• sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,547
    'ning

was the rabbit called boris?

coffee and stuff, chat with old chum in cousins later, see if there're any names to add/remove from the list
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Work meh and more relaxing in order
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    On the train, more of the same in the morning then stuck in a meeting room for most of the afternoon. Possible early finish with a crafty cider afterwards though. Then a spot of packing for the trip up North tomorrow.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod wrote:
    'ning

was the rabbit called boris?

coffee and stuff, chat with old chum in cousins later, see if there're any names to add/remove from the list
    Didn’t check the toe tag, hard to tell. There’s dozens of the critters in the garden, means the dog is never short of exercise or snacks. Think she’s learned to leave the echidna alone however.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, sunny and bright here although a tad windy. Bikes after work which should be good, might enter a race in Ft William as a break from work
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, sunny but dark skies looming, ex Hurricane Dorian making itself known.

WS mine has no idea what to do with animals, it found a stunned pigeon in the garden once. didn't know what to do with it so proceeded to bring it her favourite toy then lay on the poor bird. Hedgehogs she's learnt to leave alone though.
  • haydenm
    My hound is generally terrified and intrigued by live animals in equal measures. Frogs are an immense conundrum for him. I've thrown dead pheasants for him in the past and he is very intense about them due to his previous training (in the same way he is for his toys) but if they don't move he leaves them alone. I have caught him rolling in dead animals in the past through. Tw4t.
  • Ours appears to treat the rabbits with disdain. Will often just sit on the balcony watching rabbits in the garden with no apparent concern, but occasionally decides they need to be reminded who’s boss.

Chases possums enthusiastically too, but they cheat and climb trees.
  • step83
    Bar pigeons, hedgehogs and squirrels most other garden invaders tend to be larger round my way. Badgers, foxes and deer usually. Apparently there used to be Boar in the wood but thankfully they are now gone.

Hogs she just avoids, frogs an toads she will bark at and then run away, squirrels she's not bothered with at all more interested in things they knock out the trees usually.

This is the same dog that sat in front of an open door for ten minutes whining she couldn't get it, until I pretended to open the door, smart she is not.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    My Spaniel took off after a rabbit when he was barely 2. Off into the distance he went and finally, I decided I must catch up with him as he didn't return to my calls. I found him some 800 yds away. Rabbit was in a hole and the dog was licking it.
    I bet the rabbit was thinking "...this is going to be a slow death...". He hardly ever caught any after that but was excellent and so so patient catching rats.

Anyhoo, weather is a mix. I need a nap after some work this morning and a bad night's sleep.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • haydenm
    A colleague's dog once killed a heavily protected UK animal at the feet of an ecologist from an organisation which were statutory consultees for planting schemes. Not ideal
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    Afternoon folks,
    Another busy day in paradise, at least I seem to be getting somewhere today. A touch warmer for the wobble in this morning, have to drive in tomorrow as I finally get my car back so need to swap it for the shitbox hire car I was given. I know they say it's like for like but it really wasn't.
    Beer and curry later for a mate's birthday, well it is Wednesday.
  • step83
    Weather is weird, its windy an the wind is warm. Confusing me this is.
  • Afternoon all. Made it to glasgow for a few days jolly conference thingy. Just preloading on hotel reception espresso.
  • haydenm
    Afternoon all. Made it to glasgow for a few days jolly conference thingy. Just preloading on hotel reception espresso.

Feel free to swing past Ae forest if you're passing after work some time, I have a medium hardtail and a small 29er full sus spare if required
  • HaydenM wrote:
    Afternoon all. Made it to glasgow for a few days jolly conference thingy. Just preloading on hotel reception espresso.

Feel free to swing past Ae forest if you're passing after work some time, I have a medium hardtail and a small 29er full sus spare if required
    Kind offer but I'm up with fellow wurzells so can't disappear. Flew up on a rickety flybe toytown plane.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    Step83 wrote:
    Weather is weird, its windy an the wind is warm. Confusing me this is.

It's come all the way across the pond. Is there any bits of Bermuda in it?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:
    i saw a pineapple fly past
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    sungod wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    i saw a pineapple fly past
    Does that not count as a wet dream for you sg?
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • sungod
    i only eat them

but i've heard stories about the cabinet and kiwi fruit
  • Tory politicians and oranges, n'est ce pas?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.