Newbie (again, sort of)

jamieblackford
jamieblackford Posts: 59
edited September 2019 in Road beginners
Hello again everyone,

Thought I’d re introduce myself again as I haven’t been on here for 3 years or so. I’m Jamie I’m 30 years old from Redditch. To cut a long story short I used to own a Specialized Allez Sport 2015 which I loved, but regrettably sold due to not having the room for two bikes (opted to keep the mountain bike).

4PvvXc.jpg

Finally bit the bullet last week and re ordered myself a new road bike which will be delivered tomorrow :D having loved my old bike I’ve opted for another Allez, the Specialized 2019 model in Matt black.

jBqYtP.jpg

I opted for the Allez as I wanted a decent and light frame I could upgrade when the stock parts where worn. I was a little surprised that the 2019 model I’ve ordered has the Shimano Claris groupset wheres as the old bike had the Sora which is the one up from the Claris but I guess it was the sport model on the 2015 Allez.

Luckily when I sold the old bike i hung on to my old cycling shoes, helmet, water bottles and cages however the old Lycra clothing seems to have shrunk :shock:

Really itching to get back into it. Kind of gutted I’ve waited until after summer to order it but still keen to get out riding again. See you out on the road :)
"Great minds think a bike"

Comments

• From memory the Allez Sport had Sora, the Non Sport Allez had Claris.

Your new one maybe a Non Sport or they may have down graded the spec to meet a price point.
  • From memory the Allez Sport had Sora, the Non Sport Allez had Claris.

Your new one maybe a Non Sport or they may have down graded the spec to meet a price point.

Yes your bang on Wayne. I’m not sure il notice a difference anyway however I do remember on the old Allez thinking I could of done with a lower gear so it maybe the same with my new one. I’m sure I’ve read they have been making the frames a little lighter too since the 2015 model I had.
  • It’s arrived :D

Vk2Qb9.jpg
  • Enjoy it Jamie, I was out on my quite old now Allez Sport today and it is like a comfortable pair of slippers, does what it should with no fuss and never gives me any pain.

Admittedly I have a nice carbon job with fancy wheels and a few more gears but there is something about the Allez makes it a pleasure to ride.
  • Looks good, enjoy. They have cut that rear brake outer chuffin fine though, it looks tight?
  • Sandyballs wrote:
    Looks good, enjoy. They have cut that rear brake outer chuffin fine though, it looks tight?

It's the same on the stock picture above as well - must just be how it's been designed?
  • Sandyballs wrote:
    Looks good, enjoy. They have cut that rear brake outer chuffin fine though, it looks tight?

It's the same on the stock picture above as well - must just be how it's been designed?

Mine is the same too so must be how they do it.
    btw - nice bike OP!
  • Thanks for the comments folks. Looking forward to getting my first miles under my belt tomorrow morning hopefully. Been around the block a few times adjusting the fit and feels a steady ride. Already missing the gear indicators on top of the shifters as my old bike had these with the Sora groupset and this one doesn’t with the Claris. Also the brakes are a bit too much of a reach when Im in the drops.