sungod
sungod Posts: 16,434
edited September 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

coffee, webex with mad gmc punter of gmc punter of gmc, do stuff

frites frites i shall have frites
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning, working again I hope it’s a bit warmer today it felt cold here in not so sunny Norfolk yesterday
  • Ning, walk daughter to bus stop then home for espresso before walking to my bus stop. Mostly qa meetings today. Lots of espresso needed.
  • Morning. Dry and sunny so bike ride this morning as working tonight.
  • sungod wrote:
    'ning

coffee, webex with mad gmc punter of gmc punter of gmc, do stuff

frites frites i shall have frites
    What do you do with your webex?
  • Nice spring day here. Minor shed works, then off to buy a couple of trees. Sorted. Now sitting on turbo for a bit before drinks are served.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,434
    What do you do with your webex?
    with this lot, discuss our latest hols, swap a few brexit jokes - what do you call brexiters in the basement? a whine cellar - go on mute while respective minions review progress etc., unmute if i hear something that needs intervention, multilingual bye-eee
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    New bean to cup espresso machine has appeared in the kitchen at work. A Jura one no less. The beans are a bit meh, but can't really complain.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    hopkinb wrote:
    New bean to cup espresso machine has appeared in the kitchen at work. A Jura one no less. The beans are a bit meh, but can't really complain.

Better than instant coffee no doubt.

Grey day today matches No2 bike perfectly in colour. Quiet day hopefully as my minions are not present. Really need to get that chain ordered for the bike though.

Onwards to coffee hunting!
  • Hound walked, sun is shining and its lovely outside. About to go an do a weights sesh and take the day from there.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Lovely day, gravel ride after work to give my upper body a rest from mountain biking! Currently arguing on facebook with a stranger who posted a thing about knocking off cyclists because they get in the way, should probably just do some work instead...
  • Step83 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Grey day today matches No2 bike perfectly in colour. Quiet day hopefully as my minions are not present. Really need to get that chain ordered for the bike though.

Find the person ordering the beans and get them swapped out.
  • step83
    Step83 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

Find the person ordering the beans and get them swapped out.

The person? Yes swap them out they clearly have zero taste in coffee.

Had a text from a friend of a friend whos been working some magic on my old carbon frame and sorted the snapped bridge (works in motorsport so I'm confident on the repair) so I'll pick that up tomorrow. Hes said he has had to remove the paint around the area so looks like I have the beginnings of a winter project maybe.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Morning,

Pup walked, work for another day/dollar. Manager is once again about to be signed off. May go the driving range at lunch. Will ride the bike tonight and then go the ToB stuff tomorrow morning, then watch them zoom past my house in the afternoon. Could do with a nice wind off the Irish Sea
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Nice ride, dry and sunny although quite chilly air. Still fine in bib shorts, no need for leg warmers etc yet.

Some swell heading our way ex hurricane Dorian. Nice.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Some swell heading our way ex hurricane Dorian. Nice.
    Not nice :shock:
  • Some swell heading our way ex hurricane Dorian. Nice.
    Not nice :shock:

If you surf it is! Trouble is very long period swell tends to be very lined up so lots of close-outs. Still with light winds on Thurs/Fri could be a decent surf, made even better by me being on my 10 days off then :D
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,196
    Yay, it's Flan!

Sunny here and calm. Forecast was biblical rain.

Me doing stuff abaat the place me.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    I'm back and I'll attempt to stick around.

On the motor front, anyone seen the new Land Rover Defender...
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Flâneur wrote:

Flan, ciao.

how ya doin'?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Flâneur wrote:

hardly be able to bash out a new panel in the farm yard for it.
  • step83
    Flâneur wrote:
    Just googled, I don't like it. Looks like they tried to make a discovery look like a Defender.

Just googled, I don't like it. Looks like they tried to make a discovery look like a Defender.
  • Step83 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

400 horse 90 would do me. 400hp?
    The lowest powered petrol is 300hp, just why?
  • step83
    I'm quite surprised theres not EV or hybrid on the lineup with all the eco bunnies etc
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,831
    Work meh with very sore legs after stupidly going out running last night.

Tonight is chill and recover
  • haydenm
    Funny you should mention Defenders, I called Landrover earlier for some info, there won't be a commercial 110 for ~18 months (which is good as the Glamarok will be up for replacement then). We will have to see what the top spec ones are like but they might be enough to keep the higher-ups happy so I can get a lower one and we could get some sort of fleet deal. I'd like a 90 but if it's commercial it won't have rear seats, slightly impractical for clients in suits...
  • step83
    Theres a 130 model on the horizon which may cover all your bases Hayden, though even a commercial 130 I think would have rear seats, just a bench of three not extras
  • haydenm
    Step83 wrote:
    Theres a 130 model on the horizon which may cover all your bases Hayden, though even a commercial 130 I think would have rear seats, just a bench of three not extras

Ah perfect, the only info I can find at the moment is for 90s and 110s. Even the lowest spec has ~200bhp ish so I should be reasonably happy regardless. Not sure if I'd just go with the 258bhp Amarok though next time, look forward to some test drives
  • step83
    Yeah looks like its going to be a similar idea to the existing 130 so 8 seater but it can be configured as a commercial, maybe even a pickup as well which would prove amusing.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,166
    Welcome back Flan Man. I've seen it but I prefer cars to trucks :)

Slight ACOAD having spent most of my day in meetings including Brexity stuff and stupid salesmen (thankfully not at the same time). Going out shortly to entertain our visitors from the Kingdom of Far Far Away - should be easy to get them pissed as they are very small :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,121
    Step83 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

Ditto. Maybe there will be a new discovery which looks like a box with wheels stuck on it?

Maybe the electric option will come along later. May make sense for some agricultural uses.
    I'm sure if they did one they'd fly off the forecourt for the school run.