sungod
sungod Posts: 16,551
edited September 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

too dark, too cold

need much coffee, early bail perhaps, looks like it''ll be soggy later
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning. Biblical rain on way to work, nice. Monday morning here gonna be a busy one methinks.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,149
    Morning

Was thinking of getting another ride in today but forecast looks abysmal so might pass.

I don't think there's many wet weather attractions around here, not even many cafes/pubs.

Forecast for tomorrow is looking a tad windy, seriously considering sending the Mrs back on the ferry with the car and booking a flight back - I don't think I can handle hugging the porcelain for another 3 hour trip.
  • Ah a sufferer of sea sickness. I'm very fortunate to never get that no matter how rough it gets. When I worked offshore quite a few seasoned seafarers used to get it when really rough, must be grim. I went on a live aboard dive trip and one of the guys was so ill we thought he was seriously in trouble. Luckily he recovered when we got back to port but that took about 12 hours so he had a long stint.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    Just get drunk thistle!

Chilled start as I’ve got to go to the docs for first round of injections, which meant a long shuffle/walk with the hound as the legs protest at moving
  • thistle_
    It was the announcement at the start that said they were expecting a good crossing, favourable weather conditions, force 7 maybe 8 winds :shock:
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, just starting to rain here, need to do some minions slapping but mine are "hiding" either on holiday or claiming their sick, shall slap others minions instead.
    Also need to chase logistics girl on things which is never a bad thing.

Coffee an off to find something to hit minions with.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    It was the announcement at the start that said they were expecting a good crossing, favourable weather conditions, force 7 maybe 8 winds :shock:
    Taking boats is madness man. Book a flight with haste.
    Coldish and dampish. Warmers and perfetto light made the ride comfortable enough.
    Looking forward to lunchtime. Big old burrito I think.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,347
    Oranges and Whisky - that'll make the crossing interesting.

"...où sont les étés d'antan..." Disparu, malheureusement.

Miserable and dull here. Weekend was okay but now it really is pear shaped.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Just sitting around drinking coffee. Everything is under control here so why rock the boat?

On a brighter note, just chinned off some big wig ceremonial duty so thats always A Good Thing.

Ain't gonna be no MF dressing up like a turkey.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    Ride in was grey and cool. Ride home will be soggy - have brought water resistant kit just in case I'm feeling like a wuss later on.

Have successfully ignored pushy salesmen who want my time at very short notice for stuff that they should be going direct to the minions. Will continue this strategy this afternoon. On the plus side it's a 4 day week as I'm headed North for hopefully the penultimate visit to clear out the folks' house - as long as the solicitors pull their finger out and get it all sorted.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Afternoon folks,
    Grey and a bit grim out there, feeling autumnal. Managed to walk to Sainsbury's without a sweater or jacket, but had to walk briskly to keep warm. Bought soup to help restore core temperature upon my return.
    Other than that dealing with idiots as usual, thankfully just internal ones rather than customers. This means I can be even ruder than I was to customers.
    Hope it all gets sorted Stevo, I'm still telling my sisters that our Mum really does want to sell the house and move out which both of them are still in denial about. She'll want to move out even more once the building of the carbuncle next door starts.
  • bogging down here so steak, kale & mushroom dinner before weights sesh and dad's taxi.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    hopkinb wrote:
    The ferry will be cheaper she said. It was £20 cheaper, I'll fork out the extra to fly next time.

Pretty damp and windy here. Spent the morning looking at petrol related museum pieces (mostly cars) because it was indoors and out of the rain.
  • hopkinb wrote:
    The ferry will be cheaper she said. It was £20 cheaper, I'll fork out the extra to fly next time.

Pretty damp and windy here. Spent the morning looking at petrol related museum pieces (mostly cars) because it was indoors and out of the rain.

ah - one of those. save £20 and add 9 hours and all associated costs to your journey but at least they saved 20 quid on the ticket

i was once out of the country and had to get to Swansea for a 30 minute thing.

they flew me to Southampton so i had to take a hire car (1.1 Aygo), drive to Swansea, do 30 minute thing then drive back and fly out again, all in one day.

utterly ludicrous.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,515
    edited September 2019
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Hope it all gets sorted Stevo, I'm still telling my sisters that our Mum really does want to sell the house and move out which both of them are still in denial about. She'll want to move out even more once the building of the carbuncle next door starts.
    Nearly there, just trying to get some response from the solicitors who are dragging their heels. Probate is sorted, survey done and OK so they just need to get it finished.

It's better not to have siblings sometimes, as I can only argue with myself about all this crap.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,870
    hopkinb wrote:

ah - one of those. save £20 and add 9 hours and all associated costs to your journey but at least they saved 20 quid on the ticket

they flew me to Southampton so i had to take a hire car (1.1 Aygo), drive to Swansea, do 30 minute thing then drive back and fly out again, all in one day.

utterly ludicrous.
    At least you went to Swansea
  • TLW1 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

utterly ludicrous.
    At least you went to Swansea

making it back out was a highlight to be honest ......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    It's better not to have siblings sometimes, as I can only argue with myself about all this crap.
    Maybe I should talk to one of the MFs, just need to make sure I get the right one.