Shimano FC M617 Crank Compatibility.

Clarkie.Dj
Clarkie.Dj Posts: 16
edited September 2019 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi, I'm thinking about putting a 2x on a roscoe 7, instead of a 1x - after seeing how a 1x does with the type of riding I'll be doing.

Wondered if I could take the 2x from my current bike, and use it with to the roscoe set up. I have the Shimano FC M617 Crank on my current and the Roscoe set with up a Shimano M6000 Derailleur and HG50 Cassette

M617:
https://bike.shimano.com/en-EU/product/ ... -M617.html

Roscoe full specs:
https://www.blazingbikes.co.uk/index.ph ... -bike.html

Thanks for any pointers. :D

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    The most likely issue you face is the bike frame.
    Does it have cable stops for a front mech cable?
    Is the seat tube OK to take a front mech ( Size, roundness, no obstructions) or will it take an E-type?

Many manufacturers have taken advantage of deleting the front mech to free up the design in those areas.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • The Rookie wrote:
    The most likely issue you face is the bike frame.
    Does it have cable stops for a front mech cable?
    Is the seat tube OK to take a front mech ( Size, roundness, no obstructions) or will it take an E-type?

Many manufacturers have taken advantage of deleting the front mech to free up the design in those areas.

I think it can take them, but after riding with a 1x, I think I'm going to scrap the idea. Really liking the simplicity and weight loss. I'm a 1x convert! :lol:

Thanks for the reply though, appreciated.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    1x is so much better for an MTB, glad you've seen the light!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.