Planet X Exocet 3/Exo3 frames

StillGoing
StillGoing Posts: 5,211
edited September 2019 in Road buying advice
A lot of bad press for Planet X at the moment re responding to inquiries and I'm struggling to get a response either to the phone of Live Chat.

Looking at the Exo3 and considering ordering a Frameset, but doesn't appear to be anything other than medium. No idea if this is a finished line and whether you can get replacement parts like forks, seat posts, fairings etc if I went 2nd hand. Anyone any knowledge re any of the above?
I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.

Comments

• luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    I keep looking at their Space Chicken gravel frame with 650b wheelset. But can't pluck up the courage to pull the trigger after looking at their online reviews, some sound pretty shocking. I keep telling myself they are likely to be the vocal minority, but I equally woukdnt want to be one of the (seemingly) unlucky ones....

That said, Grant (PX designer) pops up on the Singletrack forum quite frequently and seems able to sort issues....reckon he'd be able to answer your question though

Not sure that helps :oops:

EDIT: Just looked on the Singletrack forum and he's pretty active posting over there today...
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...
  • StillGoing
    Thanks.
  • Looking at the website there don't appear to be any framesets available - only the Stealth available as a frameset wiith regards to TT frames. There is only a medium in the Force22 build as well - it does look like they are either out of stock, or just running stock down to make way for an upgrade?
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Not got the Exocet - have got a Stealth and they're very popular at Triathlons. Never had a problem with mine and I've also got another 2 Planet X bikes. I'd definitely get another from them. They sell a huge amount and you're bound to get issues with any bike. At the end of the day - it's only a bike - not a huge amount to go wrong with them.

The space chicken looks good - if I had the space - it's next on the list.
  • StillGoing
    Fenix wrote:
    Not got the Exocet - have got a Stealth and they're very popular at Triathlons. Never had a problem with mine and I've also got another 2 Planet X bikes. I'd definitely get another from them. They sell a huge amount and you're bound to get issues with any bike. At the end of the day - it's only a bike - not a huge amount to go wrong with them.

The space chicken looks good - if I had the space - it's next on the list.

It's not about the bike and I've bought from Planet X before when they actually had a shop in Sheffield. The issue is their lack of response to customer inquiries and whether the Exo3 has been discontinued or if you can get spare parts for it.
  • StillGoing
    If anyone else was looking, the Exo3 is discontinued and PX don't carry any spares.