Boardman Team Comp - winter project

2»

Comments

• step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Pro Sport Aurora bar tape?
    24843-0-full-prsta0068_1-228.jpg

That or specialized do a holographic tape (and saddle)

No idea on the finish of either though.
  • Ahhhhh step.......that does look the business.
    Hope it wouldn't be too much along with the frame, its hard to know.
    It could be the finishing touch which really just sets everything off!
  • I got excited....just ordered the aurora bar tape from Tredz :lol::lol:
    Worst case, it can come off again - definitely worth trying I reckon to finish the job properly now i've came this far.
    Thanks for pointing it out Step!
  • step83
    For my sake I hope it is good! I'm mid quandary tape wise on mine, yours was far easier!
  • Step83 wrote:

sorry but thats gonna look shytte.

plain black.

when the frame is that colour everything has to be as plain as otherwise it'll be an information overload and you'll look like a clubbie.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Step83 wrote:

plain black.

when the frame is that colour everything has to be as plain as otherwise it'll be an information overload and you'll look like a clubbie.

That was my initial worry at the start, but looking at the tape, it’s so close, it may just compliment the frame.
    End of the day if it does look crap, it’s easy enough to change and rectify the problem. Definitely worth exploring the possibility I think just to be sure!
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,252
    bsharp77 wrote:
    End of the day if it does look crap, it’s easy enough to change and rectify the problem. Definitely worth exploring the possibility I think just to be sure!
    I wish more people had that attitude rather than taking things personally then getting arsey and defensive.
    For what it’s worth I think it’s going to be one extreme or the other, be it the dogs danglies or utter shite. I’m also sure it will split opinions.
  • bsharp77 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

plain black.

That was my initial worry at the start, but looking at the tape, it’s so close, it may just compliment the frame.

true dat, blood, innit.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Also you have to weight up what's more important. Annoyingly the clubbies or annoying MF.
  • Also you have to weight up what's more important. Annoyingly the clubbies or annoying MF.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:
    I appreciate all the opinions - sure if we all wanted the same thing then it would be a boring place!
    If anything the comments and suggestions are keeping me in check, as I feel I have to do a good job now i've shown everything so far to the group!

I have a sneaking suspicion that the bar tape miiiiight actually work a treat, but its very hard to visualise, so definitely worth taking a punt I reckon. After the effort getting some amazing decals that really compliment the frame, i'm not going to balls it up with some over the top tape that takes away from everything else, so if it doesn't work, its gone!

I've decided to let the clearcoat dry for a couple of days before hitting it with a wet sand, so will paint and clearcoat the fork tomorrow and sand all at the start of the week.

Just need to sort some wheels now, ill be taking the Ultegra off the Tarmac on Sunday ready to go onto it.
    Funds are empty so might have to stick the 50mm chinese wheels on there in the meantime just to get the bike useable.

What would ultimately work a treat would be to take the Bontrager Aelous 3 TLR D3 off the Tarmac (which have green decals and would work well) and get upgrade the Tarmac wheels to something that don't flex so much....but that may be a pipe dream for a year or two! ....all current gear was bought long before any babies or houses :lol:
  • carl_p
    carl_p Posts: 989
    Looking awesome so far. I would be inclined to have the same paint finish on the forks - see this Trek

https://cyclingtips.com/2018/07/2019-tr ... -one-icon/

Everything else black.
    Specialized Venge S Works
    Cannondale Synapse
    Enigma Etape
    Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...
  • Carl_P wrote:
    Looking awesome so far. I would be inclined to have the same paint finish on the forks - see this Trek

https://cyclingtips.com/2018/07/2019-tr ... -one-icon/

Everything else black.

Thanks for that Carl.
    If the aurora tape doesn’t work, what I assume is Bontrager tape on those Treks looks great so it’s on my hitlist!
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    Looks Superb.
    Where did you get the paint and was it in Rattle cans?

I've been contemplating doing my Allez in flip paint.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    whats the update on this dope ride, man?

THE PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • bsharp77
    bsharp77 Posts: 533
    whats the update on this dope ride, man?

THE PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW!

:lol::lol:

Sorry Matthew, been a bit of a delay.....finished the frame and forks and thought all was good to go....but disaster - mustn't have cleaned one of the rear stays properly as some paint came straight off! Have to sand it down nd respray that section, have been meaning to do it for 2 weeks now but haven't got around to it.

A few photos to show how it was looking, plus one of the affected area.
    Hopefully get it patched in before the weekend and then get the build started.

IMG-3357.jpg
    IMG-3359.jpg
    IMG-3362.jpg
    IMG-3363.jpg
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    NNNNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

that was freakingly mega - so dope.

please get it resprayed asap.

THE PEOPLE NEED IT!!!!!!!!!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • bsharp77
    Finished....at last!

• fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Niiice ! Need bigger pics !
  • bsharp77
    Cheers Fenix, i'll take proper photos tonight to show it properly - was just excited to get it finished!
  • step83
    Cracking that like it a lot.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    bsharp77 said:

Cheers Fenix, i'll take proper photos tonight to show it properly - was just excited to get it finished!

Ahem...

Been busy ?
  • bsharp77
    :D:D
    Sorry Fenix! Haven't been near the forum since the disastrous change, however things seem much better now! Heres a more recent photo for you:

Hoping to put some 40mm handlebars on there in the next week or two and will change the bar tape to black.
  • kevnicholasw5Dn3dlo
    edited March 2021
    That looks Awesome!
    I wS thinking of doing the same to my HT Comp, and googled sprayed boardman and this came up.
    Looks a different bike.
    Where did u get ur holograms made up? And what paint did u use.
    I'm thinking of going full on holographic paint job with black decals.
    This colour.