Wiggle or Chain Reaction

bradleyrose
bradleyrose Posts: 3
edited August 2019 in MTB buying advice
CRC's after sales 'service' is appalling. I'm now only using them when I have no alternative.

BTW - for non urgent, bulk orders I can recommend They deliver very efficiently and are ridiculously cheap e.g. last Wed I ordered a set of Lyriks, SRAM X9 shifters & mech, Hone crankset, FSA Pig DH Pro headset and a few other bits & bobs and they were already at my work this morning, and for only œ640 including delivery! Fantastic.

Comments

• billycool
    billycool Posts: 833
    So - you're happy to use a supplier who offers really cheap stuff and delivers it really quickly but doesn't invest loads of money in decent after sales?

The get what you pay for. You get the cheaper prices usually due to cost savings elsewhere.

I suggest that you try somewhere that charges more for products and spends proportionately more on their customer service.

I'm a big fan of good customer service, but I also accept that in the consumer driven world, price is the main motivator and good CS suffers as a result.

You have also not told us how they have wronged you.
    "Ride, crash, replace"
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    Wiggle and Chain Reaction are now the same company Wiggle limited.

I cant say I've ever needed to use customer services for either.

With many places around to shop I always go for cheapest price with postage, merlin cycles I do have good experience with customer services, they were great on a couple of issues I had.

What did chain reaction do wrong?
  • steve_sordy
    steve_sordy Posts: 2,443
    I have zero complaints from CRC, either before or after their purchase by Wiggle.
  • How long will they both exist? Deliveries come from Wiggle not CRC. It's widely assumed that Wiggle bought CRC to get access to their massive customer base. The Northern Ireland operation seems to be gradually being wound down.
    Why would any company run two separate operations when they are selling the same gear to the same people. Sooner or later there will only be Wiggle.
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    How long will they both exist? Deliveries come from Wiggle not CRC. It's widely assumed that Wiggle bought CRC to get access to their massive customer base. The Northern Ireland operation seems to be gradually being wound down.
    Why would any company run two separate operations when they are selling the same gear to the same people. Sooner or later there will only be Wiggle.

Yeah I did also wonder that, I've bought from both and it said Wiggle Limited on the included receipt.
  • I can only say i have had good after sales experience when ordering from both websites.

Wiggle - ordered a rockshox fork but upon arrival the wrong fork was in the box, sent them an email, they asked for pics, sent pics and they then organised a free return upon receipt of item the money was back in my account within a day .

CRC - Ordered some bib shorts after two uses the thread in the upper left part of the brace formed a hole - took pictures and emailed them a polite "this isnt right" email - replacement product in the post and arrived two days later, no need to send back original.

2nd one with CRC - ordered an XT rear derailleur and they sent a front by mistake, again emailed - they organised a free return and refund as the part i wanted wasnt in stock - money was back in my account 2 days later.

This is all within the last 4-5 months, and yes there is an argument that they should have sorted two of the issues before even sending but when things do go wrong they seem to sort quickly - i have certainly had worse service. It's one of the reason i continue to shop there.