Di2 - can not connect battery.

kingrollo
kingrollo Posts: 3,198
edited August 2019 in Workshop
I removed the seatpost from my bike and disconnected the di2 battery.

Now I can not get the connection to work - I get it on and it stays on - but everything is dead. (its recently charged) - reading around you have to give it quite a firm push - But the battery just slides into the seat tube ?

Any ideas ?

Comments

• StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    Remove the battery from the seat tube and connect, then re-insert into the seat tube. Did you though, inadvertently disconnect the lead from the battery to junc B too.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    philthy3 wrote:
    Remove the battery from the seat tube and connect, then re-insert into the seat tube. Did you though, inadvertently disconnect the lead from the battery to junc B too.

How do I get it out from the seat tube ?

I don't see a cable from the battery to the junction box ??
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    It should be in the BB area. You'll need to remove the cranks and BB to check.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • pilot_pete
    pilot_pete Posts: 2,120
    kingrollo wrote:
    philthy3 wrote:

How do I get it out from the seat tube ?

I don't see a cable from the battery to the junction box ??

You need to get hold of the battery and pull it out. If it slips in easily when you push the connector, it should pull out too. Be careful not to damage it.

The cable from you battery is the cable that goes to the junction box B, I.e. the other end of the one that you are trying to connect to the battery! The junction B should be inside the frame, usually at the bottom of the down tube in the bottom bracket area. As mentioned, take your crank off and you should be able to get access to the cables running from the battery and the front derailleur, which both plug into the junction B. Just to clarify, junction B is NOT the one under your stem or in your bar end, that is junction A.

PP