Wahoo Route Sync

pippi_langsamer-2
pippi_langsamer-2 Posts: 1,470
edited August 2019 in Workshop
Any obvious reason why my Bolt won't sync routes I've plotted in Komoot for a few rides on the French Alps?!!

All necessary French base maps are loaded from companion app.

Every other UK route is in there nicely synced, which is what I love most about the Bolt working (usually) seamlessly with Komoot. It's just not recognizing ze French stuff :?

Comments

• figbat
    figbat Posts: 680
    The routes aren’t private or something similar are they? This gets in the way of Strava route syncs.
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro 29 for the lumpy stuff
    Cannondale Synapse alloy with 'guards for the winter roads
    Fuji Altamira 2.7 for the summer roads
    Trek 830 Mountain Track frame turned into a gravel bike - for anywhere & everywhere
  • No, I made sure of that. However, even some.local rides that were tagged as private sync ok.
  • crossed
    crossed Posts: 237
    figbat wrote:
    The routes aren’t private or something similar are they? This gets in the way of Strava route syncs.

That's good to know.
    I couldn't figure out why I couldn't sync routes from my Strava but that'll explain it!
  • Ok....I think I get it now.

Although the Bolt has all the base maps, it's the problem with the Komoot side-of-things.

Even though it will let you plan a route wherever in the world (like France), it blocks you from actually using it (directly or allowing you to download the gpx file), until you "unlock", that particular region for a fee obvs...
  • pauly69
    pauly69 Posts: 101
    Komoot is pretty good, just pay the 30 quid to unlock the world ;)
  • lochindaal
    lochindaal Posts: 475
    Use Ride with GPS for free
  • lochindaal wrote:

Not for international mapping it's not. Like Komoot, you can plot foreign routes, but they won't sync automatically with Bolt until you unlock that particular region ..
  • lochindaal
    lochindaal Posts: 475
    Not for international mapping it's not. Like Komoot, you can plot foreign routes, but they won't sync automatically with Bolt until you unlock that particular region ..

worked for me in Mallorca and Lanzarote no problem
  • munkster
    munkster Posts: 819
    Is this fixed now? My Bolt inexplicably refused to sync any routes the other day (from Strava this time) but when I went into the Wahoo app it said it had to do something (I can't remember the wording) and once it had done that thing it was fine and synced straight away. So, if you're still getting the issue and haven't opened the app, maybe try that?
  • It was indeed the fact that I had to buy the French maps from Komoot in order to upload a planned route to Bolt
  • munkster
    munkster Posts: 819
    Ah OK, no worries. I was really scratching my head so thought I'd mention it just in case...
  • Brakeless
    Brakeless Posts: 865
    lochindaal wrote:

I've routed all across Spain, France, Belgium, Italy and Andorra on Free Ride with GPS. I've then synced with Wahoo with no problems whatsoever.