Forum home Road cycling forum The cake stop

The Thick Of It

surfercyclistsurfercyclist Posts: 887
edited August 2019 in The cake stop
Series 1-4 now on BBC iplayer. Some of the sharpest, funniest and sweariest writing you'll ever see. Absolutely brilliant.
Don't recommend watching in work though or with young kids unless you need to educate them in the fine art of cursing.
Also if you only know Peter Capaldi as Doctor Who, you may get a bit of a surprise.

Posts

  • pblakeneypblakeney Posts: 14,214
    Doesn't work any more.
    Reality has surpassed the satire. :wink:
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rjsterryrjsterry Posts: 18,983
    pblakeney wrote:
    Doesn't work any more.
    Reality has surpassed the satire. :wink:

    No. What's actually happening is Ianucci has written a new series, which is being acted in real time as the next level in immersive entertainment. Alexander Johnson plays 'Boris'; Theresa May appears as a version of herself (like Matt LeBlanc in Episodes). It's a dead cert for a Bafta.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

    Liberal metropolitan, remoaner, traitor, "sympathiser", etc.
  • pblakeneypblakeney Posts: 14,214
    rjsterry wrote:
    pblakeney wrote:
    Doesn't work any more.
    Reality has surpassed the satire. :wink:

    No. What's actually happening is Ianucci has written a new series, which is being acted in real time as the next level in immersive entertainment. Alexander Johnson plays 'Boris'; Theresa May appears as a version of herself (like Matt LeBlanc in Episodes). It's a dead cert for a Bafta.
    This makes much more sense than current politics being real.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • pblakeney wrote:
    Doesn't work any more.
    Reality has surpassed the satire. :wink:

    Really? I watched several episodes last night and it's still fantastic. Depends upon your sense of humour I suppose but I find it brilliant.
  • pblakeneypblakeney Posts: 14,214
    pblakeney wrote:
    Doesn't work any more.
    Reality has surpassed the satire. :wink:

    Really? I watched several episodes last night and it's still fantastic. Depends upon your sense of humour I suppose but I find it brilliant.
    Not my point.
    We live in strange times when reality is more ridiculous than satire.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • rjsterryrjsterry Posts: 18,983
    pblakeney wrote:
    rjsterry wrote:
    pblakeney wrote:
    Doesn't work any more.
    Reality has surpassed the satire. :wink:

    No. What's actually happening is Ianucci has written a new series, which is being acted in real time as the next level in immersive entertainment. Alexander Johnson plays 'Boris'; Theresa May appears as a version of herself (like Matt LeBlanc in Episodes). It's a dead cert for a Bafta.
    This makes much more sense than current politics being real.

    Exactly.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

    Liberal metropolitan, remoaner, traitor, "sympathiser", etc.
  • Reality has ALWAYS been more bizarre than reality, when Thick of It first came out some political insiders thought it was too tame! Whatever, it still stands as a fantastically funny series.
  • crispybug2crispybug2 Posts: 2,915
    Come the f*ck in or f*ck the f*ck off!!

    Still how me and my brothers greet each other whenever we go around each other’s houses


    There is so much quotable stuff from this it’s almost unreal
  • bondurantbondurant Posts: 847
    The most awesome series ever
Sign In or Register to comment.