Help identify italian frame before buy

arto.piiparinen83
edited August 2019 in Road buying advice
Hi, im new here, and this is my first post :roll:
Trouble is... I want to go half ironman next year, and need i bike... Closest to my budget but still good.... And one cought my eye

uc?id=1-9J9STVxYYH2vF42jRUNCgaUmpGcl9o2
Its stated as 7 speed Compagnolo, but i cant find the frame or setup name. Its second hand i guess its only fitted with compagnolo stuff... Ok with that, unbranded frame, but seller says its an aluminium frame and it weights 7 kg only.... That is a gem but whats with that frame in that case??? Im about to drive almost 300km to see it in 5 hours from posting this. The prise is not bad for that frame, but im not shure if im buying some crap?

Edit: fixed image. Its about 100€ for 7kg alloy.. other options are 300€+ for alloy frame up here.

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Can't see the pic, but Campag 7-speed is seriously old/outdated kit - and assuming it's as old as the rest of the bike then I really wouldn't bother driving 5 hours for it. I can't believe that's the only option you have...
  • timothyw
    timothyw Posts: 2,482
    Weight is not important for ironman events, aerodynamics are far more important, as in most events you aren't allowed to draft.

Buy a bike near you that you can try before you buy. You will be riding it for a long time so you want it to fit correctly.
  • ugo.santalucia
    ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,273
    Guys, it's quite clear this is a troll post... do you actually read posts before answering?
    left the forum March 2023
  • No, not troll post. Finland is stuck in time from the rest of the world, so even an iron road bike is sold here for alot of money, so that frame is all im intrested but cant find it on google. So... Came here for help :)
  • ugo.santalucia
    No, not troll post. Finland is stuck in time from the rest of the world, so even an iron road bike is sold here for alot of money, so that frame is all im intrested but cant find it on google. So... Came here for help :)

... and you are going to drive 300 km to see it? :roll:

Save the petrol and invest it on a better bike
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Guys, it's quite clear this is a troll post... do you actually read posts before answering?

Do you..?? You may or may not be right, but ironically, I think your post more closely matches the description of a troll post than the OP's... :roll:
  • Well the gas will save me only 30€ time is what ill miss the most. Driving will be involved in any case in this part of country.
  • ugo.santalucia
    edited August 2019
    I have taken to the recycling centre better frames, because they didn't have a market in the UK, I should have posted on the Finnish Ebay by the look of things... :-)

Obviously by UK standards, that's not worth a 300 km road trip, but if it is for you and you say that this is a good bike by Finnish standards, then you've got your answer. I can't see anything obviously wrong with it, other than the missing pedals and the seemingly a bit rusty brakes and obviously the less than ideal riding position if you need to do 100 km (or whatever is the half iron man mileage these days)
  • kingstongraham
    kingstongraham Posts: 26,307
    TimothyW wrote:
    You will be riding it for a long time

Half ironman, so not really.
  • Ofcourse iv seen alloy/carbon for 500-600€ here. Crappy market yosemite are 300 used, or 500€ new ... Yosemites are famous here for having frames and forks got broken while driving :( so if that frame is good, putting aero bars and shifters are not a problem. Thats all to compare for with 15 kg bikes or something thats older than me or even with a small frame. So basicly its 80£ for a frame to play with.

Uk is more into bikes than this farm pit, thats why ordering from amazon/ebay uk will be alot cheaper than here :D