Bianchi aira v sprint

shiznit76
shiznit76 Posts: 640
edited August 2019 in Road buying advice
Hi looking at buy one of these as a bianchi treat to myself, but they both look to have a very similar geometry despite the Aria being labelled as harsh and aggressive. It is going to be used for weekend club runs and short sharp local rides. Are both pretty similar really? Cost approx. the same, but the aria comes with full ultegra groupset where as the Sprint seems to come with shimano branded brakes and chainset.
Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    All I can say is that the Aria is not harsh. And it's only aggressive if that's how you decide to set it up. No experience of the Sprint, but it's unlikely to be any difference in terms of ride and setup choices.
  • shiznit76
    Cheers @imposter , do you know the aria? How do you find it and what type of rides do you use it for?
  • imposter2.0
    The bike was previously used as a road/circuit race bike (not by me), but I just use it now as my daily ride...just for general 'riding about'...
  • shiznit76
    and you like it? How is it for longer rides?
  • imposter2.0
    shiznit76 wrote:
    and you like it? How is it for longer rides?

Yes I like it. On longer rides it's just like any other bike I've ever owned...
  • gsk82
    gsk82 Posts: 3,580
    Join the Bianchi owners club uk on Facebook. There'll be plenty of not impartial advice on there.
    "Unfortunately these days a lot of people don’t understand the real quality of a bike" Ernesto Colnago
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    never ridden one but the Aria is gorgeous.

get a celeste one, phat carbons with phat tan walls, slam it.

#utterlystunning
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • shiznit76

#utterlystunning

certainly does look the muts nuts, but fear it will be uncomfortable, reviews in cycling weekly and this site both point to that
  • imposter2.0
    shiznit76 wrote:

#utterlystunning

certainly does look the muts nuts, but fear it will be uncomfortable, reviews in cycling weekly and this site both point to that

It's simply not uncomfortable - anyone who says it is has either never ridden one or is wilfully misrepresenting the factors which make bikes comfortable or otherwise. If these are media reviews, than that would not surprise me...
  • philbar72
    philbar72 Posts: 2,229
    as soon as the 2 words "cycling weekly" pop up, you have to take it with a pinch of salt.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    philbar72 wrote:
    as soon as the 2 words "bikeradar review" pop up, you have to take it with a pinch of salt.

#ftfy
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.