Sram yaw front mech won’t shift up

louman999
louman999 Posts: 90
edited August 2019 in Workshop
Before I explain what I have tried I have spent several hours on this and I’m almost certain the front mech is broken. The front mech is a sram force 22.

I have tried a new gear cable, readjusting the mech so it lines up with the markings for height and angle, pulling the cable with pliers and then turning the barrel adjuster all the way for the most tension possible, I have set the low limit screw with it in the lowest gear and loosen the high limit screw so its not stopping the mech. I also tried degreasing the front mech but all it does it move just not enough to shift up. When trying to shift up you can feel that there is quite a lot of tension in the cable from the shifter.

I’m certain that the problem is with the derailleur it doesn’t look bent to me but it could be. What I have noticed is if you push the derailleur slightly it will stick in that place despite trying to clean it as I thought it was sticking. I did once get this derailleur working but it never worked perfectly.

Any ideas would be of great help as I’m all out of them

Comments

• manglier
    manglier Posts: 1,259
    The yaw type front mech is a little different to set up than a standard mech.
    Given that you have set the height and angle correctly use the inner limit screw to force the mech onto the large ring. With the shifter set for the large ring attach the cable. Then set the shifter for the inner ring and back off the inner limit screw while turning the crank to set the inner limit position. Watch this video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnG3t7TyRm0
    Let us know how you get on. If all else fails I have a spare mech available (I went Red).