Garmin 530 - Mallorca maps preloaded?

luv2ride
luv2ride Posts: 2,367
edited August 2019 in Road buying advice
Anyone know if the 530 would have UK and European maps preloaded? Off to Mallorca in Sept but when i took my 520 last year, despite thinking id followed the DC Rainmaker tutorial to the letter, my attempt to replace my normal "home" map tiles with ones for Mallorca failed. Was thinking of upgrading anyway, but if it comes with decent UK and Euro base maps installed that might clinch it...

Cheers
L2R
Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,157
    FYI - The UK 530 comes preloaded with INTL Standard, Cycle EU NE, DEM EU, Cycle EU SW.
    I've not used it much but the INTL Standard is the default and it seems fine.
    The cheaper option is to simply preload your 520 with routes using Garmin Connect before you go. That automatically incorporates the required maps.
    I never went out of my way to load maps onto my 520 and always had the maps I required and guidance.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • wongataa
    wongataa Posts: 1,001
    Garmin mapping units sold in Europe, such as the 530, come with cycle maps for the whole of Europe. As Mallorca is in Europe it is included in the pre loaded maps. You can use maps form other sources if you prefer to.
  • stueys
    stueys Posts: 1,332
    My 830 was good to go for Stelvio a few weeks back. Europe has always been fine for my UK sourced Garmins, only time I’ve added maps has been for the US.
  • luv2ride
    luv2ride Posts: 2,367
    Thanks for the replies. I see Sigma Sport are doing them with free silicon skins and the £50 pre-loaded "cashback" card offer. Tempting...
    Titus Silk Road Ti rigid 29er - Scott Solace 10 disc - Kinesis Crosslight Pro6 disc - Scott CR1 SL - Pinnacle Arkose X 650b - Pinnacle Arkose singlespeed - Specialized Singlecross...& an Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray 4 string...