friday was born to go, to blow the human mind

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,547
edited August 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

brekkie, assemble shiny bike, test ride to yaiza for a cafe solo, bit of shopping, bask

at times the space ritual shall be played, loudest, from the original vinyl, the cd re-issue lacks life, i suspect this is due to the original's quantum entanglement with stacia
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Morning. Lovely day but again not so as in work.

sungod - where abouts you staying? I usually stay at Club La Santa so I and family can use all sports facilities plus close to surf. Only downside is prevailing northly which means headwind home.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, nice start to the day let’s hope we have no rain today, hopefully cycling later, we are going shopping for paint , wallpaper etc this morning as if I did not have enough to do :)
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    packed up, ready to go, Bambina snoring. should get home around 6.

Get home, wash pants, start to pack to fly out on Monday morning to house in Italy.

#hectic
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,869
    Good run in the hills, missed a KOM by 4 seconds :( came back, showered outside and jumped into the pool, wife then brings me tea! Thought life was great and then went to get my book and fell down the marble stairs - in lots of pain now. Beer will help
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, trying to predict income from trees with mapping and spreadsheets, sounds simple but isn't. Leaving early-ish to go and stay at the soon-to-be-in-law's house with the OH, luckily they are on holiday all summer and wont be there.

OH is doing bride's maid dress fitting tomorrow then trying on her wedding dress so I am going to spend the day 'walking the dog', ie walking to the pub and getting smashed with one of the other abandoned guys et le chien.

No bikes for me this weekend despite spending yesterday evening increasing the fork travel on the bouncy bike, then meticulously measuring angles with different rear wheel sizes...
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning from heck,
    Awkward clompy walking day today as I'm breaking in a new pair of boots, been slowly putting layers of dubbin down so they are a lovely deep rich brown. But bloody stiff to walk in currently!

Rather dull day otherwise clearing out the garage tomorrow an hopefully pedalling Sunday.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,344
    Wrong weather for boots.

You have PM Hayden :roll:

Was going to go pedalling but slept in a little and Mrs P decided to go into town with Tricky to buy her shoes and get a few bits and bobs for Shortie's birthday. So it's Shorty and I doing silly things but not as silly as the thing TLW did.

May pedal later. Now left doing household chores. May play that Queen song about breaking free.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,019
    Just found out that part of the route we'd planned for this afternoon is closed because of a factory fire, the detour is the longest uninterrupted uphill in England.

Sat quoting some projects in Vancouver and wondering if a site meeting will be required.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • step83
    Wear a pinny if you do it while hoovering, full effect etc.

Its still rather dull out so weathers OK for them, used to wearing them in all weathers anyway from previous jobs so its not a big problem.

Anyone fancy a trip to Whaley Bridge? Could be fun to watch a bit of carnage.
  • pinno
    Isn't/wasn't that part of the Worlds course?

They'll have to practice serious bunny hopping.
  • step83
    New CX challenge. Get past the dam before it breaks.
  • pinno
    I would piddle in the reservoir.
    (there is a point of critical mass).
  • step83
    Just do it off the gantry onto the side thats been undermined, then run away very quickly. Should do the trick.

That said I don't fancy their odds, they need to drop 2M of water before they can even start patching up, an it keeps raining, its the whole little Dutch boy at the dam thing again.
  • sungod
    ridden, said hola at a couple of cafes, shopped, just had lunch, basking time
    ...sungod - where abouts you staying? I usually stay at Club La Santa so I and family can use all sports facilities plus close to surf. Only downside is prevailing northly which means headwind home.
    edge of plays blanca, villa with a pool, whilst there's almost always a headwind out, the tailwind home makes up for it :)
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Grrrrr. Wednesday was utterly flawless winter day, no clouds, no wind, and I had to be out all day. Yesterday home in lousy weather. Today another glorious start and I had to go out again all day.

Shopping for floor coverings and bathroom fittings. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Now have a few days with no plans and the forecast is cr@p again.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • Ning,
    Dragged the other DHL s to a beer hall for beer sausages in freiburg. Can now relax for the day as they refuse to take in any kultur beyond shopping for tat in the boutiques.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,497
    TLW1 wrote:
    Good run in the hills, missed a KOM by 4 seconds :( came back, showered outside and jumped into the pool, wife then brings me tea! Thought life was great and then went to get my book and fell down the marble stairs - in lots of pain now. Beer will help
    I often find that beer helps me fall down stairs :)

Office is a bit empty today due to school hols being in full swing and the Friday 'WFH' skivers. Upside being a nice clear ride into town by London rush hour standards. Planning an early bail and a relaxing evening with some cold plonk. That's if the hounds don't kick off.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    May play that Queen song about breaking free.
    Suits you, sir...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • haydenm
    Step83 wrote:

Staying there again at Christmas if it's still there...
  • Stevo_666
    HaydenM wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

You could get some good value accommodation offers.
  • haydenm
    Where we are staying is on the hill above the town, by Christmas it could be a lot more isolated and have an excellent view of a deep ravine
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Penultimate day. Packing up so I expect stress. I will pedal on the watt bike thing, which along with treadmills and walking on beaches, has kept the fitness ticking over in the face of all the food.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,019
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

I bet you could get a dam good deal!
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,686
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

I bet you could get a dam good deal!
    Airbnb? Nah, Waterbnb.
  • haydenm
    Lets not get swept away here
  • pinno
    Hire a boat?
  • Stevo_666
    Pack your snorkel, lilo.and armbands.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    check the fine print because they will only try and water it down

#humour
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    My day is a little like H3’s, but with lounging by the pool in the place of exercise.
    Will Whaley Bridge just become Whaley? Or Whaley Hole, the Bridge formerly known as Whaley, or rather the Whaley formerly known as Bridge?
  • sungod
    pleasant bask, thoughts turn to dinner

i shall celebrate international beer day (first friday in august) with several very cold ones