thursday standing on the runway waiting for takeoff

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,521
edited August 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

brekkie, wfhotel, saunter over to terminal, get plenty of tawny port, bubbly in lounge, board, more bubbly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, fine at the minute, but it’s clouding over

Enjoy your hols sungod
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,861
    Waiting for the pool man to come back and sort the pool as it’s a strange colour after yesterday’s visit. Done some work, time for a beer
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    sun shinin'
    sailin'
    winnin'
    packin'
    snorin'

#sameagainSir?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Morning. Lovely day here weather wise, unfortunately though in work.

The Ashes start today so that is something to be looked forward to, for me at least. I'm sure the philistines will say otherwise :D
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    On the train. Same office based stuff today, but at least followed by a spot of cider after work as it's Thursday. May cycle it off tomorrow.

Enjoy Lanzagrote sg, assuming that you're off to you usual spot.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,142
    'ning
    Park and pedal this morning. Chain was rubbing on mech on the way in, inspected it at the office and crank has come loose - oops.
    TT after work to try and clear the snot out of my head.
  • Matthewfalle
    sungod wrote:
    'ning

brekkie, wfhotel, saunter over to terminal, get plenty of tawny port, bubbly in lounge, board, more bubbly

have a top holiday SG.

#suntannin'

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, bad tempered today, smashing headache. Some slightly negatively slanted press in a newspaper, I can't work out if it's good or bad. Hey ho. Day of mapping for me.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, rather grey here and meh.
    Had some good news last night, ex cant deal with the dog (as in having to walk her twice a day or just one big walk) so I get her back which is great, its technically her dog but well if she cant look after it i'm not going to say no, dog makes a great foot rest after all.

Slight hangover from last night but liveable ill get some form of pastry when the van appears, much doing not a lot today to be honest bit of nosing about online for a new PSU on the home PC an thats about it.
  • haydenm
    Step83 wrote:
    Morning, rather grey here and meh.
    Had some good news last night, ex cant deal with the dog (as in having to walk her twice a day or just one big walk) so I get her back which is great, its technically her dog but well if she cant look after it i'm not going to say no, dog makes a great foot rest after all.

Slight hangover from last night but liveable ill get some form of pastry when the van appears, much doing not a lot today to be honest bit of nosing about online for a new PSU on the home PC an thats about it.

If me and the OH split up the most vicious argument would be over the dog.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,318
    HaydenM wrote:
    Morning, bad tempered today, smashing headache. Some slightly negatively slanted press in a newspaper, I can't work out if it's good or bad. Hey ho. Day of mapping for me.

Blah, blah - never mind all that, you have a PM. No excuses this time.

It's grey but not wet. That's about it.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    HaydenM wrote:

My "yoyo" mental state as she put it was the main argument, kind of the definition of Bipolar but meh what do I know!
    She proclaimed the dog was hers when she left. This shes realised you actually have to do things with them or they get destructive.
  • haydenm
    Step83 wrote:
    HaydenM wrote:

My "yoyo" mental state as she put it was the main argument, kind of the definition of Bipolar but meh what do I know!
    She proclaimed the dog was hers when she left. This shes realised you actually have to do things with them or they get destructive.

That seems counter intuitive to me, dogs are fantastic for mental health. If I had to live alone and give up the dog I'd have to get another very swiftly.
  • step83
    Exactly, her argument was it was her dog, in her name etc, I'm off to her mums later to pick her up (dog not the mum) annoyingly I have to do it during work so office will have to deal with Ella running up an down looking for people to get belly rubs off this afternoon.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,521
    cheers chaps

sipping first bubbly... now
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,005
    The big question of the day, what is Capt Slog doing?

Me? I'm sat at my desk doing desky stuff whilst more thunder storms seem to brew in the distance.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    I suspect Capt Slog is winning. Second last full day of Tuscan holds for me, weekend will be spent in Verona before the long slog back. Enjoy the holiday sg.
    Glorious weather again here, blue skies and about 27’C which suits me just fine. Been into the village for food and coffee, now lounging for all I’m worth. Might have a dip shortly. Over to a friend’s for dinner later, probably a huge slab of barbecued steak washed down with red wine.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Enjoy the rides, the espressi under the mountain and the basking sungod.
    Raining here, but at least the passports turned up.
  • Matthewfalle
    sitting on yacht having white wine.

racin' racined.

#chillin'
    #discountcode73
    #aisle09

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,142
    Step83 wrote:
    office will have to deal with Ella running up an down looking for people to get belly rubs off this afternoon.
    Sounds awful :D
    I've suggested a couple of times that we get one of those companies/charities in who just bring dogs to office for stress relief etc. but nobody else thinks it's a good idea.

Evening TT done here, not a very good time but better than expected. Just a lovely evening to be out on a bike so who cares :)
  • step83
    Step83 wrote:
    office will have to deal with Ella running up an down looking for people to get belly rubs off this afternoon.
    Sounds awful :D
    I've suggested a couple of times that we get one of those companies/charities in who just bring dogs to office for stress relief etc. but nobody else thinks it's a good idea.

Evening TT done here, not a very good time but better than expected. Just a lovely evening to be out on a bike so who cares :)

Really was, but my trusty foot stool has returned. She was bounding round the office annoying all an sundry, quite amusing to watch shes short enough to run under the desk dividers so kept appearing randomly usually accompanied by panting.

Still saves me having to walk her tonight.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,318

Distance/you time?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!