Waterloo to Canary Wharf

Crick
Crick Posts: 3
edited July 2019 in Commuting general
Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, but a search only brought up some very old posts. I recently started commuting from Waterloo to Canary Wharf, but my current route to CS3 across Waterloo Bridge seems to be a longer route and has me doubling back on myself on the other side of the river. Any advice on better routes across the river and onto CS3? It looks like there could be some cut-throughs to Southwark or London Bridge, but I'm struggling to see any simple routes just looking at maps. Grateful for any advice or sources of existing info before I start trying different routes by trial and error! Thanks in advance

Comments

• monkimark
    monkimark Posts: 1,590
    Down the cut and union street to join whichever cycle superhighway it is on southwark bridge rd?

Or just down the Cut and then over the blackfriars bridge cycle superhighway, I've never really cycled north of the river around there so not sure if the longer route on the south is better or worse
  • Crick
    Crick Posts: 3
    monkimark wrote:
    Down the cut and union street to join whichever cycle superhighway it is on southwark bridge rd?

Or just down the Cut and then over the blackfriars bridge cycle superhighway, I've never really cycled north of the river around there so not sure if the longer route on the south is better or worse

Thanks monkimark, that route down the Cut to Union Street looks good. I've just looked on street view and it does pop out onto the superhighway that goes over Southwark Bridge, so looks perfect. I'll give it a go - thanks!