edited August 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

cafe, wfh, wrap stuff up before hols

really should go to gym, but laziness has struck
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, raining again a strong wind blowing as well, I have a nice little job in Lancaster next week I hope the weather improves so I can go out for a ride in the evenings
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,522
    Tired. On train into town. The British summer is back as the skies are grey and it's not hot. Actually I don't mind that when I'm working as it doesnt feel like I'm missing much.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Ferkin hot on my run here in Cyprus - basically 1400ft up and then back down a dirt track avoiding snakes, spiders and lizards

Off into kyrenia later for ale and shopping - hopefully less shopping than ale
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    sunshine is back, wind has dropped - BACK IN!

We're here to win it.

#victorywillbeours
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946
    Fairly normal day. Drove into work and I'm now sitting here having my breakfast (before anyone says anything, I get here early so that I can do this). Everything looks the same as usual.

But this is the last time, ever.

I retire today.

The older I get, the better I was.

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Capt Slog wrote:

I retire today.

Enjoy your retirement Capt Slog
  • Morning. Nice here after a grey and slightly damp day yesterday. Ride on the cards later.

Nice one Capt Slog.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,325
    Congrats Slog, have a great day.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Congrats Cptn Slog.

Rode in should have drove in looking at the weather, oh well! dull day of dullness today then home to do random activities potential pub based antics included.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,023
    Where is Wednesday exactly? Is it hiding behind those massive dark clouds?

Site meeting this afternoon then the gym.

Congrats Capt! You got any big plans?
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,690
    No slog anymore eh Cap'n.

Para mi hoy, off this afternoon to have a camera stuck up my arris, to be streamed live on soshul meejah. Or I may have misunderstood. Been an 'interesting' 24 hours of no eating and ingesting large doses of clear you out purgatives. And before that an 'interesting' week of low fibre diet - how can people exist on a diet without fruit, veg, nuts, seeds, wholemeal, indeed anything which makes food interesting?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,553
    Capt Slog wrote:
    I retire today.
    congrats :)
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Very jealous of the retirement! Congratulations!

Only one in the office today, I think I've been lumbered with some huge amount of extra work in the restructuring which is exciting but also a tad daunting. Better bury my head in the sand and look at bikes on the internet. I found some excellent trails near Aberfeldy yesterday evening as I was up there for work, riding again tonight although the trails wont be so good...
  • capt_slog
    capt_slog Posts: 3,946

If the sun comes out again I intend to go out and hold the grass down, it's a sneaky bugger and might get away if I don't. I'll take a book just so I don't drop off during my vigil.

I'm going to ride my bike at strange times of the day, instead of just evenings.

Play at playing my guitar

Grow stuff in the garden, there's bits of it I haven't seen in years.

:D

The older I get, the better I was.

• pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    Capt Slog wrote:
    Fairly normal day. Drove into work and I'm now sitting here having my breakfast (before anyone says anything, I get here early so that I can do this). Everything looks the same as usual.

I retire today.

Hay una bueno Jubilado senor.
    orraloon wrote:
    No slog anymore eh Cap'n.

Para mi hoy, off this afternoon to have a camera stuck up my arris, to be streamed live on soshul meejah. Or I may have misunderstood. Been an 'interesting' 24 hours of no eating and ingesting large doses of clear you out purgatives. And before that an 'interesting' week of low fibre diet - how can people exist on a diet without fruit, veg, nuts, seeds, wholemeal, indeed anything which makes food interesting?

Agent Picolax?

Me doing the stuff that needs doing me. Meh. Weather is pants.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Congrats Capt Slog! Here, have a carriage clock.

Miami, but Mrs H3 left the passports in the safe in key west. Arranging a courier for those today.
  • Stevo_666
    Capt Slog wrote:

If the sun comes out again I intend to go out and hold the grass down, it's a sneaky bugger and might get away if I don't. I'll take a book just so I don't drop off during my vigil.

I'm going to ride my bike at strange times of the day, instead of just evenings.

From what I've seen a lot of people who retire end up going back to work at some point. Well done and see if you can stay retired Slog :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    hopkinb wrote:
    Miami, but Mrs H3 left the passports in the safe in key west. Arranging a courier for those today.
    :lol:
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:

From what I've seen a lot of people who retire end up going back to work at some point. Well done and see if you can stay retired Slog :)
    Only sad f*cks with no imagination go back. :D
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Capt Slog wrote:

I retire today.

Many congratulations! Mixed emotions or are you glad to be going?

I got my second, confirmatory redundancy letter today. At nearly 62 it's win-win as far as I'm concerned. Couldn't have put up with 3 more years of this sh1t. I get a sizeable payout, no pressure to find another job but I could if I fancy something part time / interesting / local. Pensions adequate for a comfortable retirement whenever we decide that will be. Just need to make sure I don't give any more to the Revenue than is strictly necessary...
  • Stevo_666
    Webboo wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Capt Slog wrote:

Only sad f*cks with no imagination go back. :D
    Or no money...
  • orraloon
    Happy day. Colonoscopy confirmed all clear of possible bowel cancer. 3 small polyps spotted and removed for biopsy but no indication that malignant at this stage.

Now, I'm not a Grindr follower or any of that, each to their own, making no comment, but xxxx me that was an hour which was well painful at times. Consultant said at start that I really should have a sedative, ok I'll follow your advice, just as well I did.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Interwebs appear non existent in the black forest. Dragged mrs and mini dhls through the forest yesterday but today rode the erm, rodelbahn. Then on to triberg for black forest gataux or other spelling. Mimi dhls hoping we go to open air swimming place tomorrow. Great place this black forest stuff, free trains trams and buses with guest card
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,553
    good news 'loon

did they say which members of the cabinet the polyps most resembled?
  • orraloon
    Will get the biopsy report in a few days, but from what I could see on the screen one did look rather like Gove.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    sungod wrote:
    good news 'loon

did they say which members of the cabinet the polyps most resembled?
    Plus potato
  • veronese68
    Generally a good news day in the BB.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,355
    Veronese68 wrote:

Yes indeed. 'Loon aris is A1 (no pics please) and I went to the local garage (with re-charging facility) and he said he would take it now when I actually went to book it in. Hopped on t' bus int' town, did some 'messages', had coffee and Apricot/Almond slice, hopped back on t' bus and hey presto - all done, air con works by 'eck. Clever me.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    bloody sailing.

too much wind
    not enough wind
    the wrong kind of wind

#success

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Veronese68 wrote:

the MFs agree with this lots. its good to see and hopefully there will be lots more of it.

#joy
    #smiles
    #celebration
    discount code 62
    Bob to aisle 7

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.