Campagnolo Shimano compatibility

rob39
rob39 Posts: 479
edited July 2019 in Road buying advice
I've a Shimano Cassette 105 / freehub on Campag wheels. Need a new freehub. Would any shimano freehub fit the campag

Comments

• rob39 wrote:
    I've a Shimano Cassette 105 / freehub on Campag wheels. Need a new freehub. Would any shimano freehub fit the campag

No - it would need to be the correct freehub for your campagnolo wheels. What wheels are they as there is plenty of tech support on the campagnolo website.
  • mr_mojo
    mr_mojo Posts: 200
    Shimano and Campagnolo freehubs are not compatible but you can run Shimano cassettes with Campagnolo rear derailleurs. I'm running a Shimano 11 speed cassette with a 11 speed Campagnolo groupset, all works fine together.
  • rob39
    rob39 Posts: 479
    jeffbwood wrote:
    rob39 wrote:

No - it would need to be the correct freehub for your campagnolo wheels. What wheels are they as there is plenty of tech support on the campagnolo website.

Campag zonda mega g3 bought in 2015. I thought so several bikes shops have told me any shimano freehub would fit, but something was bothering me about that.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,803
    Mr_Mojo wrote:
    Shimano and Campagnolo freehubs are not compatible but you can run Shimano cassettes with Campagnolo rear derailleurs. I'm running a Shimano 11 speed cassette with a 11 speed Campagnolo groupset, all works fine together.

That's not what he's asking. The OP has the Shimano freehub version of the Zonda and needs a new freehub. As posted above, it'll need to be Campagnolo's own Shimano hub.

I think this is the one https://www.totalcycling.com/en/gb/Camp ... 19018.aspx
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    rob39 wrote:
    jeffbwood wrote:
    rob39 wrote:

Campag zonda mega g3 bought in 2015. I thought so several bikes shops have told me any shimano freehub would fit, but something was bothering me about that.
    Any info would be greatly appreciated

shimano cassettes with campag and visa versa being fine depends on your defination of fine. there will be a faint tick somewhere. Its inevitable as the saocing os not the same.

The campganolo zonda freehub is FH-BUU015. it comes in two form HG spline (Shimano/SRAM) and Campagnolo ED spline.

As for the shop either they have face palmed, misunderstood you or you them. Either way at leas you asked.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.