'ning

coffee, lab, webex, bail

om
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    Morning
    Seem to have picked up a cold: day 2 of headache and feeling congested. Will see whether some tablets and a potter on the bike sorts it out.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, wet and dull yet again, I have to pop into the office today to see about a couple of weeks work
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Pool, beach and beer
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pool, beach and beer

In that order?
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,530
    sat in the sun for a while, pleasant coffee and croissant, read paper, watched the ducks
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Morning, superb weather yet again although heavy rain forecast for later but doesn't look like it at the moment. Not a cloud in sky. Weights session later and take eldest to driving lesson, her test is tomorrow. Gulp.
  • tlw1
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pool, beach and beer

In that order?
    Ish :)
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,009
    I've done the pool bit, 1k before work, shame I can't do the beach and I most certainly don't want any beer.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    sun
    cake
    coffee
    bambina on the water with instructions to win it or die trying
    later wine/beer/any combo
    snoring

#racin'
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,475
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pool, beach and beer
    2 week holiday? In which case you, Hoppy and Veronese all get honorary 'Git' status :)

Afternoon all, late into work as had to walk with junior to her first day doing volunteering/work experience as the route was via Brixton to Vauxhall and she was feeling a bit 'hesitant' about it. Now sorted and she can make her own way home and do her own trips for the rest of the week.

Thankfully most of our European colleagues seem to be bu$$ering off to the beach if they're not there already so work does seem to be getting a bit quieter. Ideal for when I'm away next month, possibly the last time ever that we get shafted with school holiday pricing for going away 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, slow day read some emails sat around bored. waiting for the morons to get to get to Hungary to unpack.

Apparently its going to be rather wild weather tomorrow so may not ride in. Which reminds me, car is going in next week for a pile of work which will sting the wallet a touch to say the least.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,145
    Got 2 bikes that need cleaning and can't be botheted doing either despite the nice weather this evening :(
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Evening, finally got to alpirsbach and got my pole up.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,300
    Evening folks,
    Another stressful day. Bar for coffee was followed by lounging by the pool with an occasional dip to cool off. This evening consisted of beer and pizza. Tomorrow should be similar.
  • tlw1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    TLW1 wrote:
    Pool, beach and beer
    2 week holiday? In which case you, Hoppy and Veronese all get honorary 'Git' status :)

Afternoon all, late into work as had to walk with junior to her first day doing volunteering/work experience as the route was via Brixton to Vauxhall and she was feeling a bit 'hesitant' about it. Now sorted and she can make her own way home and do her own trips for the rest of the week.

Thankfully most of our European colleagues seem to be bu$$ering off to the beach if they're not there already so work does seem to be getting a bit quieter. Ideal for when I'm away next month, possibly the last time ever that we get shafted with school holiday pricing for going away 8)
    I be a git, a rather drunk one at that - we are a couple of hours ahead
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,329
    Evening, finally got to alpirsbach and got my pole up.

I really don't want to know what you did with your pole.

...alternatively:

I thought those Eastern Europeans were scared of heights.

Anyhoo, me not on hols me - a week is enough :D . Trying to get through the backlog of all the things that piled up when I was on holiday.

What's bambina doing in the water MF?
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Key West is hot and tacky. Cooling off with a fresh coconut. I expect dinner will be some fried gunge. I did have some good fish the other day though, and some large prawns stuffed with crab meat.

Pineapples are of very high quality. I have been eating them for breakfast. Also fresh coconut.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Also fresh coconut.

You mean a green coconut with the top cut off and a straw to drink the milk?
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Also fresh coconut.

Yep, and then scoop out the jelly in the middle.
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Also fresh coconut.

Yep, and then scoop out the jelly in the middle.

If you ever get a headache from a Tropical 'Doldrum', that is the only cure.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Pinno wrote:

What's bambina doing in the water MF?

British National Sailing Champs.

Brilliant atmosphere, some really nice people.

if you are into the healthy windswept suntanned blondes (both sexes/gendets whatever the PC term is nowadays), this is your place.

#windy
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.