thursday dance in the heat

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,556
edited July 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

coffee, croissant and watch the ducklings out for their morning paddle, probably a webex, early bail

going be another hot and humid day outside, tff ac
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Run soon and then it’s the beach again, glad we paid the extra for our own pool now :roll:
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, blue sky and warmth, early bike ride today , tdf later
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Headed into the office to luxuriate in good air con.
    Also have a free dinner tonight so worth braving a sweaty trip across London and home.

The mercury should crack 100F today down in The Big Smoke, so may be worth having a lunchtime stroll in the park to take in the views :)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Morning. Warm here in sunny Pembs but (fortunately) not the sweltering you are getting in the SE. In work (grrr) as lovely weather and surf and offshore. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    drinking coffee, drop bambino at sailing, start to pack car to head away with bambina, bit of hammocking.

#lazydays
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Poor sleep = slow start. Dog walked, coffee. Did some demo work downstairs, removing old bathroom and loo fittings. Means just tiles to pull up in bathroom and we can begin cleanup/plan for refit.

Later will be local for dinner/drinks.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Morning lumpy loafers

It's supposed to hit 28c today and it will be 22c tonight. Which is fine, except the midges get in the open windows.
    Off to see Polar bears and snow Leopards :shock:

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,027
    Bloody Merc dealers, car was booked in for two recalls almost two weeks ago, at 8.15 this morning half way to the place we get a phone call to say the parts hadn't arrived. Surely they would have known that last night???

Most annoying thing is it's hot and sunny and we'd implemented a military grade plan for me to do a decent ride then call and pick the car up on the return leg.

Oh well, maybe a shorter ride this evening followed by a sacrificing flesh over hot coals to the sun god (not the OP) in the garden.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    Dilemma time. Could have gone for ride early doors, but overslept by long way. Couple of commitments to discharge, then could head out by 11am, but it's already touching 30 and heading higher with 50:50 on thunderstorms. Do I go for it or just laze about and self-fry? Tbc...
  • pinno
    orraloon wrote:
    ...but overslept by long way.

Tuesday night catching up on you?
  • Matthewfalle
    orraloon wrote:
    Dilemma time. Could have gone for ride early doors, but overslept by long way. Couple of commitments to discharge, then could head out by 11am, but it's already touching 30 and heading higher with 50:50 on thunderstorms. Do I go for it or just laze about and self-fry? Tbc...

discharge

you need a Brillo pad for that mate. or a wire brush & some paraffin.

#discharge

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    orraloon wrote:

go for it.

a life lived in fear is a life half lived

#carpediem

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Morning, debating BBQ experiments using celestial heat sources true eco BBQ shizzle.

Metoffice is babbling some nonsense about storms at about 3PM here, right when its 37c likely ruining BBQ De Soleil.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Pineapple for breakfast. P!ssing with rain again, I did tell her, but she wouldn't listen.
  • orraloon
    orraloon Posts: 12,694
    No brainer that. Sit at home bemoaning not going out vs get on wiv it? Easy choice.

Got away 1030, 3 hours in rather warm but rather pleasant light breezes. No team cars or neutral service to pass over bidons, but unlike yon OP from some time back, name escapes me, who reckoned cycling in the S of England was impossible becoz desert innit, I did not need to tow a water bowser. There are these things called 'shops' in which one can purchase bottles of water. Who knew?

Loads of cyclists out, more than on a Sunday, clubbies, solos, couples. Must be school holidays or summat.

Right, cold shower, lazy pm, barbie later. Plan.

And, MF, I thought it was "wire brush and Dettol, sah!"?
  • Stevo_666
    Now sitting in a restaurant just off the Strand supping a nice cold G&T. Steak and wine will follow shortly 8)
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Matthewfalle
    orraloon wrote:

And, MF, I thought it was "wire brush and Dettol, sah!"?

all about budgets innit. diesel got too expesive and the MFs found a load of old paraffin, so its winner winner set fire to dinner.

#oooooohfire

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    Emptying the fridge of lager and replacing it with you? Its times like this I would kill for a walk in fridge.
  • pinno
    oxoman wrote:
    Used to have walk in freezers at last job at minus 45 but other process areas around 40 degrees. Currently looking at cost of installing aircon at home, whilst drinking cold beer.

If you install air con, that will trigger the end of hot weather and it will be all your fault.
    I bought a Mountain Warehouse jacket on Sunday. Then the weather turned warm.
    Should have bought it weeks ago.
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:
    oxoman wrote:
    Used to have walk in freezers at last job at minus 45 but other process areas around 40 degrees. Currently looking at cost of installing aircon at home, whilst drinking cold beer.

If you install air con, that will trigger the end of hot weather and it will be all your fault.

I bought some winter boots, I thought it was just me
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

I bought some winter boots, I thought it was just me

We have magical powers.
  • Stevo_666
    Pinno wrote:
    oxoman wrote:

Oxo please can you crack on and buy the air con so this heatwave will end. I'm sitting on a train sweating like a fattie in a sauna where somebody's just poured a bucket of water on the heating elements.
  • pinno
    What we need is more energy consuming mod cons to counteract the effects of climate change caused by energy consuming mod cons.