monday sundering what now will never be

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,520
edited July 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

coffee, webex, distort spacetime, bail

warming up, postponed trip to see gmc paris punter, will be too hot to enjoy cafes properly
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, so much for the heatwave it’s spitting with rain
    Have a good week
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,860
    More sun and beer planned

Run was rather warm this morning
  • Morning, back in Blighty from Greece and yes it's raining! Heatwave forecast this week though. Some waves around so probably surf later if wet, maybe a ride tomorrow.
  • oxoman wrote:
    Morning, dog walking coffee and annoy youngest. Attempt to teach youngest bike maintenance so I don't have to do bis bikes all the time. Chase local parking stazi over appeal against recent ticket, suspect I will be getting up tight and wanting to murder death kill nearest one. Currently grey but dry with sun due out later.

The missus had a parking ticket issued for parking outside of the supposedly marked bays(they weren't). Anyway, lots of faffing and toing and froing but we appealed and got the charge dropped. Worth fighting it as some of the private parking companies just try it on in the hope most won't fight it.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Ning. On the bus into work, bugger about until after lunch then train up to coventry uni for external examining tomorrow.
    Bet cross country only put four cars on, it used to be eight from Bournemouth.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

lovely and sunny outside. bambino is sailing all week so dad's taxi to and fro & rigging duties, hangin' with bambina the rest of the time.

may go and have a coffee.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • darkhairedlord
    oxoman wrote:
    All I did was drop the OH off in the car park and drive off without being in it for more than five minutes.
    Send on the bus next time.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,142
    Morning
    Run was rather warm this morning, although probably not as warm as TLW's. Nice and sunny here but sky was black over towards the west :roll:
    oxoman wrote:
    All I did was drop the OH off in the car park and drive off without being in it for more than five minutes.
    One of the local car parks had been doing that. Apparently there was a 20 minute grace period for dropping off/picking up (a bit OTT tbh) but they were sending out invoices for 5 minutes. Local councilors got involved and car park company has cancelled them all.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    Morning folks,
    Lounging in the sun, coffee, lounging in the shade because the sun it is hot, more coffee with a bit of scoff, serious lounging then out for dinner. Rinse and repeat.
    Was hoping to meet a mate that works for a local F1 team but can make it before he’s off travelling again.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,005
    Good morning forum.

Manage a ride before work which consisted of a big hill and lots of wind. Not the best outing ever but hey-ho.
    No longing planned here, just workety work.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Morning, a weekend of drinking, strimming, big chainsaws, and riding mountain bikes downhill has left me with the shakes. Struggling to hold anything other than a mug of coffee...
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Disney.
  • Matthewfalle
    hopkinb wrote:
    Disney.

where you stayin' dude?

#prayforH3

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    just been to look at a really lovely crib and TDV may be putting an offer in.

#monumentalamountsofdebt
    #itsnotrealmoney
    #itsonlynumbersonabitofpaper

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Afternoon, been annoying the neighbours all day drilling various things.

OH is now FOH (well as of mid last week) having gone with doge various reasons but she also took all the keys to the garage with her so drilled lock out got my SDS out the garage an took out some frustrations on some a concrete base I put down for shed I wanted which she didn't shes not hear to tell me otherwise so...

Also means I can now get to the bikes. Off to quench myself with a beer an fit a new lock to the garage door.
  • darkhairedlord
    Step83 wrote:

OH is now FOH (well as of mid last week) having gone with doge various reasons but she also took all the keys to the garage with her so drilled lock out got my SDS out the garage an took out some frustrations on some a concrete base I put down for shed I wanted which she didn't shes not hear to tell me otherwise so...

Also means I can now get to the bikes. Off to quench myself with a beer an fit a new lock to the garage door.
    Good work. No one should be without an SDS.
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:

so she has gone?

#freedom?

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,297
    hopkinb wrote:
    Disney.
    This place is about as far removed from that hell hole as is possible, you have my sympathy.
    Saw a fox, a porcupine and a deer last night. Not like the foxes in Kingston or deer of Richmond Park.
    Out to a very fine pizzeria in Castellina tonight.
    Enjoy the freedom and power tools Step.
  • step83
    Step83 wrote:

so she has gone?

#freedom?

Yup, apparently I'm lazy and don't appreciate her and was never interested. Meh had been on the rocks for a while, think of it like the Tirpitz pounded repeatedly then eventually gave up :roll:

All a bit rubbish currently but It'll get better.
  • darkhairedlord
    No need for a shed now, use the sds to go open plan and hang the bikes on the walls.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,452
    Received this little gem today from the team that manages our shared office complex:

"Dear Occupier,

Following recent incidents and near misses in the basement area, the Estate Team would like to remind all bicycle users of the existing procedure that needs to be strictly followed.

Please note that as of Tuesday 23 July 2019, we will require all occupiers accessing the car park/basement areas with a bicycle, to wear a hi-visibility vests.

The Security Team will be ensuring that this is strictly adhered to and will be providing high-vis' vests to occupiers whom do not currently have one. Please note that we have a limited number of vests, therefore, we will only be able to issue one vest per cyclist.

All cyclist' are required to attend a cycling induction by no later than the 1st of September 2019. After this date access to the basement may be refused and only upon re-attendance and completion of the cycle induction, will access to the basement area be reinstated.

Inductions are carried out every Tuesday and Friday at 10:30 hrs."

I think we can close the 'moronic policy of the year' competition now :)

In other news, it's Monday, it's warm outside and I'm pedalling home soon.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • darkhairedlord
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Received this little gem today from the team that manages our shared office complex:

"Dear Occupier,

Following recent incidents and near misses in the basement area, the Estate Team would like to remind all bicycle users of the existing procedure that needs to be strictly followed.

Please note that as of Tuesday 23 July 2019, we will require all occupiers accessing the car park/basement areas with a bicycle, to wear a hi-visibility vests.

The Security Team will be ensuring that this is strictly adhered to and will be providing high-vis' vests to occupiers whom do not currently have one. Please note that we have a limited number of vests, therefore, we will only be able to issue one vest per cyclist.

All cyclist' are required to attend a cycling induction by no later than the 1st of September 2019. After this date access to the basement may be refused and only upon re-attendance and completion of the cycle induction, will access to the basement area be reinstated.

You need to ensure that all pedestrians and car users also wear hi vis vests in the basement. And have lights attached.
  • step83
    Stevo 666 wrote:

"Dear Occupier,

Wrap yourself in battery powered fairy lights see if they whinge then.
  • hopkinb
    just been to look at a really lovely crib and TDV may be putting an offer in.

#monumentalamountsofdebt
    #itsnotrealmoney
    #itsonlynumbersonabitofpaper

Still in Cymru?
  • hopkinb
    Veronese68 wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:
    Disney.
    This place is about as far removed from that hell hole as is possible, you have my sympathy.
    Saw a fox, a porcupine and a deer last night. Not like the foxes in Kingston or deer of Richmond Park.
    Out to a very fine pizzeria in Castellina tonight.

It is truly a hell hole. Bovine fatties shuffling from snack to snack.

What about the porcupine? Is it like the porcupines of Raynes Park?

Oooh, pizza sounds lovely. I'm eating overpriced slop in a shyteheap. Only another day, then hopefully things look up a bit.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,317
    Poured with rain so elected to go to Fort William and climb up climbing walls by climbing with the toots. This was great fun. I'm knackered.
    If I had a pound for every time they said "Are we nearly there yet?"...

No dependencies Step? Now you can have a proper mid life crisis, buy a fast car and find some blonde floozy to sit in the passenger seat. 36(?) is a bit premature but hey, you only live once.

#bonkanddrinkforEngland
    #dogging
    #sodlaundry-wearitinsideout

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:
    Poured with rain so elected to go to Fort William and climb up climbing walls by climbing with the toots. This was great fun. I'm knackered.
    If I had a pound for every time they said "Are we nearly there yet?"...

No dependencies Step? Now you can have a proper mid life crisis, buy a fast car and find some blonde floozy to sit in the passenger seat. 36(?) is a bit premature but hey, you only live once.

#bonkanddrinkforEngland
    #dogging
    #sodlaundry-wearitinsideout

Laters.

Rain, what blasphemy is this of which you speak!?

Yeah 36 Sunday, rather than a car, I could get a bike, used to have an NC30 so I could get something a little beefier. Fast car been an done.
    There is a nice brunette in transport, not sure she will be too keen on a weedy cyclist with a bit of a belly.
  • Matthewfalle
    Step83 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:

so she has gone?

#freedom?

Yup, apparently I'm lazy and don't appreciate her and was never interested. Meh had been on the rocks for a while, think of it like the Tirpitz pounded repeatedly then eventually gave up :roll:

All a bit rubbish currently but It'll get better.

stuff it.

buy a new bike and get a shed load of blow 'n' hos round for the weeked. then send her pictures.

#thatwilllearnher

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo 666 wrote:

"Dear Occupier,

You need to ensure that all pedestrians and car users also wear hi vis vests in the basement. And have lights attached.
    With the lights I have on the bike, I do a passable impression of a Christmas tree. Anyone who doesn't see me must be ****ing blind.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Stevo_666
    Step83 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

"Dear Occupier,

Wrap yourself in battery powered fairy lights see if they whinge then.
    Had a word with the bloke on security. He said they tries it a while back and every on ignored it. I never even noticed :) Elf n Safety tw@ts...