sungod Posts: 16,532
edited July 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

coffee, early rendezvous in lab to investigate strange things, more coffee
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, more like summer today blue skies, cycling later, work related stuff this morning
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    ciao

coffee then lying in a hammock here. may do a weights session but hammock comes first.

#hammock
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,862
    Hybrid commute with another BB member was a giggle, now working with the holiday timeline coming up fast
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,009
    Needed a day off yesterday to recover from the Saturday night shenanigans, did manage a short 30km easy ride with MrsHD to the pub and back.

Almost back on form today but suspect another decent nights sleep will sort me out.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    just stripped down an old Pashley frame to bare bones. Will sound out TDV to see if she wants it powdercoated and built up into summer trundler.

#steelisquiteheavy

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    'ning. Melting in my west facing hutch with automatic closer on door and two 24" LCD screens radiating enough to jumpstart the chernobl reactor pile from sunny bournemouth. time to write a reference and break bad news to others that have done bugger-all all year.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,330
    I had a Pashley for the Cheltenham commute.
    I looked very posh on my Pashley and a trilby.

Today will be doing a bit of a run around and then swimming in the next shire up at the new pool.
    It's much more family friendly and the local one os such a short drive...
    Short pedal in the meantime.

Laters.

PS Can you actually speak to someone at DVLA?!
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • darkhairedlord
    Pinno wrote:

Today will be doing a bit of a run around and then swimming in the next shire up at the new pool.

Laters.

Never had a Pashley but used to ride my mothers "raleigh shopper" and then her "raleigh lady chiltern".
    DVLA? what a f*ck up outfit.
    Last car, the log book came back with the old owners name and my adress.
    Newest car, docs just came in with first and middle name, they missed the surname.
    Couldn't be arriss'ed to send them back as they'd probably c*ck that up too.
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

Laters.

thinking pale baby blue or summat pastely for a Pashley. Its a "courier" so complete with name board for Edwyn's.....

#advertisethebesttobethebest

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    ...thinking pale baby blue or summat pastely for a Pashley. Its a "courier" so complete with name board for Edwyn's.....

Oh gawd no. Glossy glossy black to compliment and bring out all the chrome bits superbly polished with spinach*.
    Wicker basket on the front?

*Team47b
  • darkhairedlord
    Pinno wrote:
    ...thinking pale baby blue or summat pastely for a Pashley. Its a "courier" so complete with name board for Edwyn's.....

Oh gawd no. Glossy glossy black to compliment and bring out all the chrome bits superbly polished with spinach*.

*Team47b

Burberry check paintwork.
    bmF.jpg
  • pinno
    ..or Tartan:

1-3-300x193.jpg
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,480
    I wish I could find the image of a Golden Labrador in Burberry check christened the 'Chavrador'.

Afternoon Wasters, been making progress on the house sale paperwork. Although still waiting for bloody probate to come through. Done some real work as well and am about to reclaim several hundred quids worth of expenses from my last 2 business trips. I should charge them interest...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Mowed remainder of front paddock. Faffed about trying three different front derailleurs on a bike but none of them quite work. One fouls the swing-arm, one has wrong cable routing and one has problems with the outer cage plate hitting the crank arm. Solution so far looks like a Dremel to the XTR cage, ouch.

Physio tomorrow. Hope he can do something with the creaky bits.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • darkhairedlord
    Mowed remainder of front paddock. Faffed about trying three different front derailleurs on a bike but none of them quite work. One fouls the swing-arm, one has wrong cable routing and one has problems with the outer cage plate hitting the crank arm. Solution so far looks like a Dremel to the XTR cage, ouch.

Is going to grease your bottom bracket?
  • Matthewfalle
    Pinno wrote:

*Team47b

no chrome bits on this one. its very functional.

26" wheel?

#shed

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    I've got an SLX one you can try, if you can wait that long for the post :)
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,532
    returning from bubbly evening with mrs s, came across fluffy ginger cat in the road, stopped to pamper it and there was much purring

this is clearly an omen

mf, why did you go to south america? more vile pest-borne diseases per unit area than other jungles, makes asia look benign
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I wish I could find the image of a Golden Labrador in Burberry check christened the 'Chavrador'.

Afternoon Wasters, been making progress on the house sale paperwork. Although still waiting for bloody probate to come through. Done some real work as well and am about to reclaim several hundred quids worth of expenses from my last 2 business trips. I should charge them interest...

f289c1584ded149e7689fdad3522ac6d.jpg

Evening, painful day of back pain doing heavy manual labour. also seems the hoodlems/ramblers have been about on the local trails breaking up sections and laying "traps" aka honking great logs in places you don't want them.

Nice meal with the OH not sure what I'm doing tomorrow.
  • pinno
    Step83 wrote:
    Nice meal with the OH not sure what I'm doing tomorrow.

Getting out the chainsaw?
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,146
    sungod wrote:
    mf, why did you go to south america? more vile pest-borne diseases per unit area than other jungles, makes asia look benign
    One MF in each continent, see which one gets the lurgy first.
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562

Is going to grease your bottom bracket?
    Fnarr Fnarr :D Metaphorically speaking it's more like needing to change the gear cable inners and shift linkages on the mechs...
    I've got an SLX one you can try, if you can wait that long for the post :)
    Thanks! I've a box full of spares, and don't actually mind hacking up an XTR one because who uses them these days anyway? I'd just leave it as a 1x drivetrain except the cranks on it are 42/29, and I don't thing I can push a 42 front gear everywhere. Changing that out for a 36 or even a 38 might give me enough clearance to use another mech that looks like it would be ideal, but the cranks are a weird 94 BCD but 5 bolt pattern and not many chainring options available cheaply to try that either. :?
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS