Le Col bibs

hadoken
hadoken Posts: 29
edited July 2019 in Road buying advice
Hi all, anyone own any Le Col bibs, have got the opportunity to buy some for £75 On sale with a £50 discount, just wanted to know if the are worth the money?

Comments

• pblakeney
    pblakeney Posts: 27,157
    They are worth the reduced price imo. As an aside, the sizing is fairly accurate on the comfortable side so choose depending on preference.
    The above may be fact, or fiction, I may be serious, I may be jesting.
    I am not sure. You have no chance.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    PB is the most sensible person on here.
  • bianchi_dave
    bianchi_dave Posts: 932
    Re sizing, there are big differences between their Sport, Pro and HC ranges. For bibs and tights I am a small in their Sport and HC ranges but a medium in the Pro. For reference all my Castelli bibs are large.
    I have a fair bit of Le Col kit and whilst it is very good I'm not convinced the HC short pad is quite up there with the likes of the Castelli Progetto pad on longer rides (100 miles +).

As said, they're a good buy when on offer but I wouldn't pay full price
    Scott Foil RC
    Scott Addict RC
    Trek Emonda
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,938
    Re sizing, there are big differences between their Sport, Pro and HC ranges. For bibs and tights I am a small in their Sport and HC ranges but a medium in the Pro. For reference all my Castelli bibs are large.
    I have a fair bit of Le Col kit and whilst it is very good I'm not convinced the HC short pad is quite up there with the likes of the Castelli Progetto pad on longer rides (100 miles +).

As said, they're a good buy when on offer but I wouldn't pay full price

Thanks for the sizing info, I'm a small in Castelli so know these will never (hopefully!) fit me.
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • hadoken
    hadoken Posts: 29
    thanks for the sizing info, sizing seems on the large side as an xs is 30in waist, I'm 29in so not sure if its worth the punt, £75 is still a lot of money!
  • thegreatdivide
    thegreatdivide Posts: 5,807
    I'm a 29" waist and 172cm tall - bought a pair of the Pros in XS and the legs were way too long for me. They were over two inches longer than my regular leg Rapha PT bibs (so I guess that makes them the long leg equivalent).