Chain tool for Campagnolo 12 speed chain

sextoke1
sextoke1 Posts: 133
edited July 2019 in Workshop
Will the Parktool CT4.3, be ll that is needed for removing and refitting the connecting pins on the new 12 speed Super Record chain?

Comments

• amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253
    I think it is - doesnt it have a peening shelf? Why not just get a quick link? I dont use 12 speed but the 'special tool' thing would drive me nuts
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    Yes that's fine. If the 4.3 has the peening function built in then all will be well. You have to pen the rivit after fitting.

I use the older park tool 4.1 and the peening tool 11 speed and 12 speed campag chains.

There are no campag 12 speed quick links yet unless kmc have released on. If you buy into campagnolo do things there way it part of the ritual.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • You have to inset the pin from the inside of the chain outwards, no idea why but the peen end should be visible from the right hand side of the bike, because, campagnolo
    Look 566
    Dolan Hercules
    Genesis Flyer
    Sintesi 707
    Genesis Aether
    Charge Plug
  • Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
      Yes that's fine. If the 4.3 has the peening function built in then all will be well. You have to pen the rivit after fitting.

I use the older park tool 4.1 and the peening tool 11 speed and 12 speed campag chains.

There are no campag 12 speed quick links yet unless kmc have released on. If you buy into campagnolo do things there way it part of the ritual.

I quite like that about Campagnola. adds to its air of exclusivity. And its always good to have more very expensive tools with infrequent and specific use.