wednesday doing the double-slit experiment with pineapples

sungod
sungod Posts: 16,556
edited July 2019 in The bottom bracket
'ning

coffee, play around, webex, evening out with some of my lot plus emissaries from a land of sands
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Morning, dog walked, breakfast and coffee, early bike ride conservatory roof to clean tdf
    In that order
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    WFH so longer walk for the hound. Later is tennis if the kids get their way
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    What would be the results of the experiment. Pineapple particles are wave like in form? To early for my fuzzy brain been years since I did proper science.

Magpies woke me up going mental at a cat who didn't really seem to care.
    Day of mediocrity before tomorrows long weekend at Silverstone. Decided to bike up there not only to annoy all those in the cars but it's also a great excuse to ride.

First coffee, and a shotgun for those damned birds.

(I don't t own a gun I'll just scare them off with my "charm")
  • thistle_
    thistle_ Posts: 7,154
    Morning

Pedal to the office, bash my head against a wall for the day, followed by ride home - usual thing really. Hopefully it doesn't rain on the way home this time.

I've been informed that the GF will be home late because she's buying a body kit for her car after work. Not sure what she's going to do with it because I'm certainly not fitting it for her.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Step83 wrote:
    What would be the results of the experiment. Pineapple particles are wave like in form? To early for my fuzzy brain been years since I did proper science.

'proper science' rofl. I've said it before, he's a sorcerer.

Dull again. I've a ton of things to do and no motivation to do it.

Did I say my sister has gone?

Laters
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • darkhairedlord
    darkhairedlord Posts: 7,180
    Morning, woke up, still in milton keynes. Off to open university to discuus with their academic team. Review more documentation and a tour before a buffet lunch of some kind. Hopefully escape by tea time but a long train ride home to sunny bournemouth.
  • step83
    Pinno wrote:

'proper science' rofl. I've said it before, he's a sorcerer.

Dull again. I've a ton of things to do and no motivation to do it.

Did I say my sister has gone?

Laters

It is, I'm only up to potato batteries. Huzzah on the riddance of the sister!
    Morning, woke up, still in milton keynes. Off to open university to discuus with their academic team. Review more documentation and a tour before a buffet lunch of some kind. Hopefully escape by tea time but a long train ride home to sunny bournemouth.

You know its Groundhog day basically, your now trapped, weather it goes Hotel California or not is open to debate.
    Except for wine they bring you cold tea.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Returned to the roads. Less powaaah, more sweaty. Back behaved itself.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    the pineapples go through both slits at once, but instead of a linear interference pattern there are rings

next will be diffracting pineapple through crystal, the simulation is fearsome, it predicts chunks
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Morning, not sure why there is this obsession with pineapples but hey ho. Absolutely manic in work this morning, way too much stuff going on. Head frazzled within first hour. Still, only today and tomorrow then off for 12 days and a Greek sailing holiday. Nice.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,027
    Attention people of Stoke, I realise you live in a s*it hole and all your women are ugly but there is no need to be rude to people visiting your little town.

Onwards to more motorway travel.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • thistle_
    Attention people of Stoke, I realise you live in a s*it hole and all your women are ugly but there is no need to be rude to people visiting your little town.

Onwards to more motorway travel.
    Was planning a big bike ride that way, might give it an even wider berth. I heard Alsager is nice.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Step83 wrote:

You know its Groundhog day basically, your now trapped, weather it goes Hotel California or not is open to debate.
    Except for wine they bring you cold tea.
    Imagine Groundhog day in Milton Keynes [Shudders]. Bill Murray would have dropped that electric bar heater in the bath a lot sooner.

Afternoon wasters, busy again - it just keeps coming so I need to sharpen my delegation skills for when the new minionette lands next week. Wedding anniversary today so have left a card and a pressie behind to pre-emptively stop the sulking and whining when I get home.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Ferk that, I'd still sulk and whine if I were you.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    Ferk that, I'd still sulk and whine if I were you.
    I may do. After all, marriage isn't a word - it's sentence.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    Meh weather day dammit. Was forecast to be mild temps - it was - they just missed the "windy" bit.

Walked the dog, which involved a roundabout way of avoiding some other dog-walking people. Ours likes the people (mostly) but is not so keen on the company of other dogs.

Messed about the rest of the day, visited a bloke up the road who has a lot more bikes than me. I think there were 8 in the TV room alone.

Treated myself to a (small) whisky this evening, hardly drinking anything lately to detox a bit. Dull, but effective.

Wrote a letter to the neurosurgeon who did my neck op a few years ago. Figured he's probably assuming all this time he did a fabulous job and has had me on the statistics as a win. Made plain that was not actually the case, and perhaps if he'd bothered to follow up even once he may have had a slightly more politely worded reply. Be interesting to see if I actually hear from him at all as a result.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • thistle_
    visited a bloke up the road who has a lot more bikes than me. I think there were 8 in the TV room alone.
    Hmm, in a good way or is he just hoarding junk?
  • Wheelspinner
    Wheelspinner Posts: 6,562
    visited a bloke up the road who has a lot more bikes than me. I think there were 8 in the TV room alone.
    Hmm, in a good way or is he just hoarding junk?
    Depends on your POV. They were vintage MTB stuff. A few early Ritchey frames which were actually made by Tom Ritchey for example.
    Open One+ BMC TE29 Seven 622SL On One Scandal Cervelo RS
  • darkhairedlord
    Finally embarked on the escape route.
  • step83

So long oh dark haired one, you have escaped heck and its irritatingly humid cloudy climbs
  • darkhairedlord
    Step83 wrote:

So long oh dark haired one, you have escaped heck and its irritatingly humid cloudy climbs
    I shed a tear as I left that fine town. I might be "working from home" while sat on the beach for the rest of the week.
  • step83
    Step83 wrote:

I shed a tear as I left that fine town. I might be "working from home" while sat on the beach for the rest of the week.

Did you stub your toe? :lol: Honestly I hate the soulless urban mess.