Castelli Endurance bibs

ugo.santalucia
ugo.santalucia Posts: 28,268
edited July 2019 in Road buying advice
175 cm x 72 kg, 84 cm waist... Medium or Large?

Castelli says medium, but reviews seem to imply is large
left the forum March 2023

Comments

• Care with Castelli sizing. I'm normally a large. I used Castelli size chart and that said I needed XL. No chance. I need XXL in Castelli.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    I can't comment on "the Endurance Bibs" but I'm pretty much the same height/weight as you and a midgy smaller waist and I take Large with all my Castelli bibs.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • ugo.santalucia
    large is then
  • mugensi
    mugensi Posts: 559
    I'm 182cm and 76kg and 32cm waist. I wear size Large in all Castelli clothing including bibs.
  • green_mark
    green_mark Posts: 74
    Am 174cm, 72Kg, 83cm waist. Castelli Endurance X2 - Medium fits me very well.

Large would have been too big - particularly with length at the knee.
  • green_mark
    green_mark Posts: 74
    MugenSi wrote:
    I'm 182cm and 76kg and 32cm waist. I wear size Large in all Castelli clothing including bibs.

32cm waist?
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,253
    I'm a med in Assos/Rapha and still use medium in Castelli but I like them tight. They arent like a sausage skin tho'
  • I am 5'11", 11 stone, 30" round the middle and am now in a small.

I do not understand all these cm's you are discussing!
  • ibr17xvii
    ibr17xvii Posts: 1,065
    I'm 183cm & 68kg, I would go for a large in Castelli shorts every time.

Could probably get away with a medium but prefer the large.
  • joey54321
    joey54321 Posts: 1,297
    I'm 180cm and 76kg and can't fit in the Large.

I'm a medium in most bibshorts though.
  • ugo.santalucia
    just arrived... I just about fit in a large... not sure how 70+ kg people can fit in a medium... the large is way smaller than a Lusso medium
  • drhaggis
    drhaggis Posts: 1,150
    just arrived... I just about fit in a large... not sure how 70+ kg people can fit in a medium... the large is way smaller than a Lusso medium

I'm 1m76, 72kg, and an 84cm waist. The difference may be the shoulders vs hips weight/shape distribution. I have wider hips than average, and need 155mm saddles. As such, Castelli medium tops fit me great, but bibs, I can't do M to save my life. What I guess is that your hips may be closer to L sizing, while people with a similar weight but heavier shoulders and narrower hips might wear an M without issue.

My Omloops are L, LW tights are XL, and Sorpassos are L (still unused, and might swap for XL due to Winter effect). I recently got a pair of Castelli-made Chp3 bibs on size 34. I can't imagine fitting anything smaller, even though Chp3 sizing guide says 34 is the equivalent of Castelli XXL (bollocks)
  • razorjack
    razorjack Posts: 97
    edited August 2021
    I tried few Castellis (aero, endurance, competition)
    I'm 181cm, 83cm weist, 72kg... according to charts I should use M....
    I tried Large, and the bib straps were way too short, I'd feel so exhausted after 20 mins on a bike ... and no space at all at crotch area....
    WTF ?
    I like to colours etc. but i can't use it. I'm worried that XL would be loose at hems...
    For now, i took Gore C5 Large (again, instead of M) and it's super comfy.
    Is it a problem with all Castelli models ?