Carbon cage for Camelbak Podium

deejay.
deejay. Posts: 665
edited July 2019 in Road buying advice
Morning all,

I recently invested in some new Camelbak Podium bottle cages to replace the old ones which now had no lids or whatever. I have a pair of old Elite carbon bottle cages and the bottles are a very tight fit indeed. Whilst I don’t want to lose them on rides, I would really like to find a slightly easier cage to use.

Any recommendations?

Many thanks!

deej
He's more machine now than man. Twisted and evil...

Comments

• I had the same problem using Elite bottle cages with Podium bottles. I tried using the Elite bottles which were a better fit but I didn't like the bottles.

I changed back to the Camelback bottles and after a while of using they seemed to loosen and now feel much better.
  • deejay.
    I had the same problem using Elite bottle cages with Podium bottles. I tried using the Elite bottles which were a better fit but I didn't like the bottles.

I changed back to the Camelback bottles and after a while of using they seemed to loosen and now feel much better.

Thanks Bongo - perhaps I just need to be a bit more patient! :D
  • I also struggle with my Podium bottle fit into a Specialized Rib Cage. I think they are A) a tight fit and B) the material seems to grip onto the cage itself...

Like the bottles but they are really awkward to use on a ride. Every few weeks i spray some Pledge furniture polish onto them which seems to help temporarily.
  • amrushton
    amrushton Posts: 1,306
    You could saw thro' the cage. The cage isn't going to spring open but there will be a loosening of the bottle. Of course I wouldnt recommend this with an expensive cage
  • type:epyt
    type:epyt Posts: 766
    Tacx Tao ...
    Life is unfair, kill yourself or get over it.
  • daniel_b
    daniel_b Posts: 11,863
    Supacaz Fly Carbon cage - best one I have ever used, and I only use Podium bottles too.

Not cheap, but then I'm guessing you're not looking for the biggest bargain out there.
    Massive range of colours too.

https://www.sigmasports.com/item/Supacaz/Fly-Carbon-Cage/GZ2K

Supacaz-Fly-Carbon-Cage.jpg
    Felt F70 05 (Turbo)
    Marin Palisades Trail 91 and 06
    Scott CR1 SL 12
    Cannondale Synapse Adventure 15 & 16 Di2
    Scott Foil 18
  • alanyu
    alanyu Posts: 73
    Chinese / cheap copy (whatever you call) XXX bottle cage on aliexpress. 10 usd each, 18g.

I've used six Chinese XXX cages since my first bike. It holds my camelback podium well, not too tight. The quality is also good and only one was broken due to my kick.
  • pauly69
    pauly69 Posts: 101
    #systemchange - fidlock :)
  • deejay.
    Thanks everyone - I’ll check out all the recommended options!

deej