Looking for a local mechanic KT1 Area.

slowmonkey
slowmonkey Posts: 48
edited July 2019 in Workshop
Hello all,

I am on lookout for a local mechanic (KT1 area).
My request - to assist in a new bike build I am undertaking.
Appreciate there are many videos and guides out there etc - I am just lacking confidence and expertise in certain aspects of it.

Requirements - Specialized Diverge 2018 carbon frameset - threaded BB installed. Will be installing Shimano R8070DI2 Hydra group set.

I would need assistance with installing full brake set, install and tuning of DI2 front/rear mechs, installing crank set.
And of course fine tuning to ensure road ready.

I of course am willing to pay for the time if someone is able to assist - I can also supply tea/coffee/lunch etc.

This would also help me - I could take away some vital knowledge regarding the process, so as to be competent going forward.

Any one out there?

Thanks in advance,

Comments

• Alejandrosdog
    Alejandrosdog Posts: 1,975
    slowmonkey wrote:
    Hello all,

I am on lookout for a local mechanic (KT1 area).
    My request - to assist in a new bike build I am undertaking.
    Appreciate there are many videos and guides out there etc - I am just lacking confidence and expertise in certain aspects of it.

Requirements - Specialized Diverge 2018 carbon frameset - threaded BB installed. Will be installing Shimano R8070DI2 Hydra group set.

I would need assistance with installing full brake set, install and tuning of DI2 front/rear mechs, installing crank set.
    And of course fine tuning to ensure road ready.

I of course am willing to pay for the time if someone is able to assist - I can also supply tea/coffee/lunch etc.

This would also help me - I could take away some vital knowledge regarding the process, so as to be competent going forward.

Any one out there?

Thanks in advance,

Nice project for someone. ask your club mates?
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    Putting your area in the title might help rather than people having to read it all and realise they're nowhere near ?
  • slowmonkey
    slowmonkey Posts: 48
    cougie wrote:
    Putting your area in the title might help rather than people having to read it all and realise they're nowhere near ?
    Yep, hadn’t thought of that. Amended, thanks.
  • proto
    proto Posts: 1,483
    If you want the very best builder then you go to Rohan Dubash, Doctor D. Meticulous. He’s in Sutton, Surrey. You can check out his work on his Facebook page.

http://www.doctord.co.uk

07771 520112

rohan@doctord.co.uk